4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive exploration of Almodovar's films, 22 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Spanish Labyrinth: The Films of Pedro Almodovar (Paperback)
Author Mark Allinson's book gives us an in-depth survey of the films of Almodovar including his Oscar winning film, "All About My Mother". Incuded are excellent notes, bibliography, brief synopsis of the films, including cast and production notes and an index. B&W pix from the films add to the book's flavor. My only criticism was that I found his organization of his material a little scattered. I would have preferred a seperate discussion of each film, rather than having to sift through each chapter to glean information on the individual movies. This personal preference aside, I gained a deeper understanding of Almodaovar's work. While I disagreed with some of Allinson's views, they were presented clearly and with conviction. Definitely a recommended book for any serious student of film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Almodóvar fan!, 11 Oct 2010
I really enjoyed reading this book. It gives you a very good and clear understanding of Almodóvar's cinema. I like his writing, because it's easy to follow. Not many academics are that accessible unfortunately. It's a must have book for those interested in Spanish cinema, fans of this amazing director or those doing film studies. I hope he does a second one with the new films.

A Spanish Labyrinth: The Films of Pedro Almodovar
A Spanish Labyrinth: The Films of Pedro Almodovar by Mark Allinson (Paperback - 25 May 2001)
Used & New from: £5.50