5.0 out of 5 stars Buntastic
Anyone who has a rabbit owes it to the bun to buy this book. The list of safe and unsafe green foods is exceptional, and I have turned to it on many an occasion to reassure myself that particular bunny habits are perfectly healthy! Very reassuring, and probably saves my vet many headaches and late night phone calls. 100% recommended. 3 happy bunnies can't be wrong!
Published on 1 Jun. 2005 by aandcfereday

I purchased this book in then belief I would learn more about how to look after my rabbits, and within a few pages I realised that lots of the information in this book is wrong. If you have this book please throw it away as lots of the information is misleading, wrong and potentially dangerous to your rabbits.

For example:
Sawdust - bunnys should NOT be...
Published on 20 May 2012 by Bunny lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Buntastic, 1 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Rabbitlopaedia: A Complete Guide to Rabbit Care (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rabbit Lopaedia, 26 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
i opted for a cheaper book at first then straight away regretted it. this book is worth every penny as it covers all areas of keeping a bunny from a-z giving me confidence, answers and advice on all aspects of the basics through to the technical stuff for the more adventurous bunnie keeper or breeder. buy this book and keep your bunnie with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars A MUST!, 8 April 2004
I have refered to this book time and time again. There is a particularly good section on A-Z of disease, that is much more in depth than most other rabbit books I have read. A must for every rabbit owner. Will give you confidence in keeping these pets.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have this book bin it, lots of wrong and misleading information which if followed would be dangerous for your rabbit, 20 May 2012

For example:
Sawdust - bunnys should NOT be kept on sawdust as the dust in it can cause respiratory problems, plus chemicals released when the rabbit urines on it can cause kidney problems which will mean that your rabbit won't recover from general anaesthetic.
Normal size for a hutch is three foot. This is far too small, and a rabbit should be kept in a six foot hutch minimum (equivalent to three hops in one direction).
Wire floors on the bottom of cages are good idea - this is wrong as it regularly causes the rabbit to develop sore hocks (feet) which become painful and often infected.
Mixes/muesli rabbit food are good - this is not true, rabbits should be fed pellets as this stops selective feeding, thus ensuring that you rabbit receives all the nutritional necessary.
Rabbits can be fed bread. This is a huge NO, rabbits should never eat cereals.

I could go on, but I'd be writing my own book when I had wanted to learn more not correct errors in others books.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Could do better...", 16 Dec. 2007
A book that tells you that "rabbits and guinea pigs can live together" and that rabbits "don't need toys" does not figure very high as both of these are out & out lies.

It has it's good points; but to a new rabbit owner who only has this book they wont know better. Best to buy in conjunction with another rabbit book; or do on-line research also.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rabbitlopaedie, 25 Oct. 2010
I found this book after others reviewed it. Its a really helpful reference guide with lots of information about caring for your rabbit.I use it along with some other rabbit books. Lots of information on rabbit history etc as well as how to care for your bunny. Good short medical section as well as lots of information on breeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best all round rabbit book ever!, 21 April 2006
A. Munro (devon england) - See all my reviews
gives you everything you need to know about your rabbit with information you never thought about. it helped me loads and i strongly recommend this book to everyone i have several rabbit books and nothing came close to this. with everything about feeding medical problems tips on care full history about rabbits everything about rabbits is in this book a must have! 100% recommended. thankyou.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grand title for a poorly written book, 18 Jun. 2012
This book goes into great depths about things you really don't need to know and yet misses out such a lot of general knowledge on rabbits. Certain basics are wrong, such as part of the skeleton is mis-labelled, and as another reviewer has pointed out, never keep a rabbit on sawdust, it really is bad for them.

I get the feeling the writer has simply enjoyed sharing their knowledge of mammal physiology (or has plucked it straight from a genuine encyclopaedia) but has lost the plot a bit on the general rabbit knowledge.

Yes, I enjoyed the bit of rabbit history but it was repeated quite a bit throughout the book. The writing was all over the place really and made it rather an annoying read at times. To sum up, not that informative and tiresome.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Interesting Read!, 1 Mar. 2005
Danielle N. Beaty (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very detailed and contains everything that you need to know about bunnies! If you want a simple book with pictures, this isn't really the the right book for you.
However if you are truley looking after bunnies and concerned about their welfare, this is a MUST HAVE!
I have found this very enjoyable and interesting to read, and I know that I will keep referring to it in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it's weight in gold, 21 Aug. 2006
I have borrowed this book from my local library time and time again. Now they wont let me renew it anymore, so guess what? I am going to have to purchase it for myself.

We are first time rabbit owners and I have found this book to be extremely helpful and invaluable.

I highly recommend it.

Rabbitlopaedia: A Complete Guide to Rabbit Care
Rabbitlopaedia: A Complete Guide to Rabbit Care by Virginia Richardson (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2000)