5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Reference Book
I am writing a novel set to the backdrop of the Suffragette Movement and I found this book invaluable as a reference book. I think this is where it's value lies. It is a wonderful blend of the anecdotal and historical masterfully pieced together and if my novel ever gets published I shall ensure it is listed.
Published on 9 Jun. 2013 by SO

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I am very interested in the suffragette movement but I found this book rather dry and tedious. It is simply a collection of letters and articles, one after the other, with very little background, biography or inciteful comment.
Published on 9 Nov. 2006 by R. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Reference Book, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Votes For Women: The Virago Book of Suffragettes (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Nov. 2006
R. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct. 2014
I used this book for research and found it answered most of the questions I had about suffragettes.

5.0 out of 5 stars history, 17 May 2010
Mrs. S. Joyner "Sally" (shropshire) - See all my reviews
i love history and my interest has over the last few months moved to the suffragette movement and womens history. great book

5.0 out of 5 stars my Mums book, 25 Nov. 2011
Fantastic book, brilliant writtin , some very good and intresting facts , awesome as well
but then again am her Son so would say that wouldnt i, but it Is agood book

Votes For Women: The Virago Book of Suffragettes
Votes For Women: The Virago Book of Suffragettes by Joyce Marlow (Paperback - 6 Sept. 2001)