Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 1999
I am not able to finish this book just yet as it is just too good! I have to put it down and ration myself otherwise all too soon it will be over. That is always the sign of a good book. Dr. Angelou does it again in this short selection of essays and inspiration. Starting with the first page in the chapter "A House Can Hurt, a Home can Heal" and getting better and better from there, Dr. Angelou soothes the soul and the spirit. Many reading this book will say "yes that is me" or "that is so true!" The lessons it teaches are important for us all and that is why this book is well worth the read! Five Crowns many times over.
on 27 June 1999
This was my first book of Mya's. I have heard her speaking before,and I wanted to see what her writing was like. It was brilliant. It astounds me how somebody can write with such confidence and honesty. The difference between Mya and other authors is that Mya is not afraid to admit her mistakes and the bad experiences. It was really funny. It was almost as though she was speaking herself.
on 13 June 2015
A glorious collections of thoughts and meditations from a great teacher. I cannot believe she is gone, not when I hold this volume in my hands.
on 16 September 2013
Maya Angelou is amazing, I love her books. Find it hard to put the book down once I start reading it
on 22 March 2016
Brilliant as always with Maya Angelou. Should be required reading.
on 4 July 2015
Great book, as you'd expect from Ms. Angelou.
on 19 October 2015