4.0 out of 5 stars If it could happen to him...it could happen to you
This real life tale is a deeply moving story of a Kung Fu World Champion. With a fascinating view into the dark side of China's martial arts.

Read how a four-year-old child was taken away from his home and trained and transfered into a killer

Tony becomes an elite bodyguard, protecting some of the world's most powerful people but his heart is...
Published on 28 Nov 2006 by Ms Fluffy Bookworm

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice story. Shame it's not true
I wanted to believe this story, I really, genuinely did. 8 years ago, when I first read TtT, I devoured it and gave copies to many of my friends. Back then it seemed so amazing - I described it as "like a James Bond film" in my original Amazon review. But over the course of time, I began to wonder if all the details could really be true, so I started to search around on...
Published 21 months ago by Jon Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
I liked the way the author told his story as it was. Sometimes writers seem to take their spiritual "now" insight back into the past when they are retelling their steps to faith, which somehow takes the sharp edges away. However I felt that in this particular book there was still the hardness and bleakness of how life was before being touched by the Holy Spirit. This has left me wanting to know more about what Tony is doing now and how his life has changed, and is changing, as he ministers to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Real life?, 6 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
Found the book boring! Finished it in a few hours, not many words!
Suppose to be based on real life events....well the fight descriptions and kung fu training is straight out of a B rate movie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Tony Anthony vindicated, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
You need to read see this website to balance any negative rubbish you may have read.
forthesakeofthegospel.co.uk God Bless you

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 20 Jun 2013
Mrs. Patricia Hillier (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taming The Tiger (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what an inspiring life! If ever we think we have got a difficult life, Tony faced terrible ordeals but his faith just kept growing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taming the Tiger, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
This is a really interesting moving life story, both my husband and I really enjoyed this book and have subsequently bought it for friends. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING, 29 Jan 2011
I don't bother to write reviews but rather read them to decide a book. However after reading this book i have to advise you to read it as it truly is a great read. Every book reviewed on this site has someone recommending it and that " i couldn't put it down" but this comes into this category. It is a great tale of not just someone learning to be a great fighter but also a story of this man's search for a purpose in life and finding it after many highs and lows. Buy it you won't be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down, 19 Nov 2010
J. T. Storm - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book!

I've read a few of the negative 1 star comments, but honestly, whether a book is fiction or fact doesn't concern me (personally), I found this one of the most enjoyable reads ever. If you're wanting a critically and accurate well written biographical account of historical happenings, then I confess, I'm not the person to ask. I approached Taming the Tiger an action novel and it surpassed my expectations 110%

No spoilers attached, I'll let my story speak for itself: Taming the Tiger was recommended to me by my brother. So, when he finished, I started reading. The day after starting I took it to work so I could read it during my break-time (normally I'd never read during break time, but I was really drawn into the book). A friend saw me reading and asked me about it. I summed up the first 50pages in a few minutes and he asked if he could read it after I'd finished. I gave it to him the next day! He couldn't believe it, I'd finished it that night! A week later I saw him in the office again and he apologised to me, said that he'd also enjoyed the book soooo much that he let one of his friends borrow it. I've never seen it since. Apparantly it's just kept on being borrowed to more and more people

If you're not turned on within the first 20 pages, then Taming the Tiger isn't for you. It's fast paced from the outset, gripping and intense. It starts how it continues and doesn't relent.

Be warned however. From my reading of the negative comments, you're epistemological view may greatly impact your opinion of Taming the Tiger

1.0 out of 5 stars FAIRYTALE - Made me cringe., 31 Mar 2007
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
This book is the most appalling thing i have ever read. Totally made up nonsense published in the hope of attracting people to the church. If you have half a clue about Martial Arts you will see thi book for the sham it is. Avoid at all costs, unless you wana be preached at and told Tonys religion is a lot better than yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars He is an AMAZING guy, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Taming the Tiger (Paperback)
When you begin reading this book you can never imagine this being a TRUE story. This is a real life Jackie Chan movie crossed with Bruce Willis crossed with Mafia Gangsters!! I read this story after being at one of Tony Anthony's seminars. God really can change ANYONE, no matter what they have done or where they are. If you read this then you'll know what i mean by saying SMILEY FACE!!! :)

Taming the Tiger
Taming the Tiger by Angela Little (Paperback - 1 Aug 2004)
6.26
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available