5.0 out of 5 stars How to let God work at work
I only decided to read this book because of a frustrating work environment and because my brother had said it was ok - but he did not prepare me for a book that would open up my mind to the many possibilities at work.
Published on 16 Oct 2001 by chrispowell66

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read but targeted to the away from home work place
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by ginariva

5.0 out of 5 stars How to let God work at work, 16 Oct 2001
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
I think I would represent many Christians if I said I found it hard to equate Church and Sundays to work and Mondays but Greene gets into the purpose of work and our purpose as Christians at work and gives hope to those who wish to reach their colleagues with the love of the gospel.
I would recommend this book to any Christian who feels like their ministry at work is not being supported by the Church and to all those who feel the great need for God in their workplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Christianity at the Coal Face, 20 Dec 2004
Mr. Kevyn Davies-jones (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
For Christians in paid employment, being at work is the place where they are most likely to spend time with non-Christians. This means that there are pressures, but also opportunities to advance the Gospel.
Mark's book is a thoroughly practical and often humourous description of how best to serve God in the workplace.
It is ideal for all those who go out to work, but also a wake-up call for ministers and others in full-time Christian ministry, who often are ignorant of or neglect this important mission field.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!, 10 Nov 2013
S. Kemp "prayer warrior" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
I got my original copy of this book from a charity shop in Louth, Lincolnshire. I gave it to someone who was interested in a piece I used from it for a talk. Trust Amazon to have loads of copies of a new edition - I can now read it again and again. Really useful for the christian who would like to make a difference in the workplace, but doesn't want to be thought a fanatic! (as we usually are)

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 hours, 8 Nov 2011
Mr. T Holton "Tim" (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
Isn't it bizarre that church leaders so often equate 'outreach' with something that the corporate church does for a couple of hours per week (if we're lucky)?

But most people at work or at home have numerous close relationships with people who need to know God's love. When we add up the amount of time we spend engaging with people who need to encounter God's love, either at home or at work, it is vastly more (maybe 100 hours) than the few hours we spend in church or 'doing outreach'.

This book makes you think seriously and gives some practical hints about how to obey God's call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 18 Feb 2010
Birmingham Book Reader (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
Thank God it's Monday is a really good book for a christian to read who is in work and I mean any type of work, paid, in the home and voluntary.

The author helps his readers link what they do at Church on a Sunday morning with the rest of the week. I almost read this book in one go. The style is relaxed but packed with information.

A god God based book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read but targeted to the away from home work place, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Thank God it's Monday (Paperback)
I really looked forward to reading this book after our pastor rec to us, I found it good but would have liked some reference to Christian housewives/home husbands and mothers/fathers at home who could do with some guidance to help them through the days where chores seem endless and cleaning cooking and caring takes it out of you and wears you out, it would have been great for the book to have a section for people like me who struggle with all this but then see the blessing of family and a home (maybe of course there are books of this type out there and this was the wrong one for me) its target to the people who work in offices and places out with the home, (mainly men i felt) it was good but not what i expected.

ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)

Thank God it's Monday by Mark Greene (Paperback - 1 Aug 2001)
6.99