on 22 July 2007
The best introduction I have seen for young children on the facts of life. Uses a simple well illustrated style covering most of the questions young children ask. Covers differences between Men and women, boys and girls. Tells how babies are make from sex through to birth. Many children will recognise the style of illustrations which are by popular children's illustrators Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen. Intended for children from a Christian background but so well done that can be used with children from non Christian families. An essential book to use with your child before they cover these subjects at School.
on 6 June 2010
I bought this book for my son aged 9 who was ready for answers but didn't want them from Mum or Dad. I read the book myself first and was very impressed with the simplicity in which it presented what can be a complex issue. I felt it dealt with all aspects from making babies to giving birth with great sensitivity and answered every question my son had, and more.
With regard to the marriage issue, I am not married to my partner (my sons dad) but this was easily dealt with in that I explained to my son that some chose to get married, others choose to stay in a loving relationship. The most important part is the loving relationship, and this answered this aspect rather well.
An excellent book which had been recommended to me and I would certainly recommend to others.
on 24 July 2013
We wanted a book with both traditional and Christian values. It was recommended to us. The wording and illustrations to match are simple and easy to understand and easy to follow. The book may not be needed for a few years yet but it's there for when we do! My eldest is 7 and we got with him in mind for 'those' questions! It does not 'over complicate' the experience.
on 5 April 2013
Brilliant explanation of the 'facts of life' for the 3-9 age group from a Christian perspective. Love the idea of sex expressed as an 'exciting game that mummy and daddy like to play'

Arrived very promptly from seller in excellent condition
on 11 September 2012
I love this book. 13 years after we used it with our kids to explain and anticipate the impending birth of their brother, it is still their favourite, and mine. Very much from the perspective of sex being a beautiful gift within marriage, this book uses imagery and simple, matter of fact language that kids can relate to - from jig-saw puzzle bits that fit together, to watermelons that depict the size of the baby. I love the description of the best game that mums and dads can play! I could not recommend the book more highly, especially to Christian parents.
on 12 January 2011
I used this book with both my daughter and son between the age of 8 and 9. This book for us perfectly balanced honesty, accuracy and humour. I've recommended this book to loads of my friends who have been genuinely stressed at how to approach sex education with their kids. So far all the feedback has been very positive.

The book's fun approach helped us to talk about sex while they were still young enough not to feel embarrassed. It also helped to provide an openness on the subject which has continued in the subsequent years well into their teens.

The pictures are beautiful and engaging while the text is sensitive and clear. Highly recommended!
on 15 July 2012
My kids all enjoyed this book and it was a great way to introduce the facts of life. It was fun and informative, it's style light but significant. An easy read with good illustrations.
on 6 October 2015
Clear and easy for children to understand, it really helped me answer the questions from my child. As it says on the book you can choose which details to use and which bits not to cover, and leave till later. Perfect for a very inquisitive and relentlessly questioning 5 year old
on 19 May 2015
great little book, full of information. Simple to understand. Very happy with purchase, for my 12 year old. Thank you.
on 26 November 2014
Excellent introduction for a child, into the confusing process of reproduction.