5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Historical Book
I bought this book for my husband who was delighted with it. He would recommend it for anyone who has an interest or roots in Leicester, especially those delving into their family history. The book has been well researched and is backed by a good range of photographs. It makes an ideal addition to your library.
Published 9 months ago by Ann Morgan

2.0 out of 5 stars The Slums of Leicester
I was born and raised in a part of Leicester that this book considers slums. My parents and grandparents survived this age in time because they did not know anythink else. This book makes Leicester look dull and dirty. I spent some happy times growing up there. I was a little disappointed looking through the book, not what I expected.
Published on 4 Aug 2011 by Wendy Lisowy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Historical Book, 13 July 2013
Ann Morgan (South West England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great social history book, 20 Jun 2011
Ms. P. Knight - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Slums of Leicester (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book which I am sure would be of interest to all people born in Leicester. It is an amazing documentary and is in the living memory of a lot of people. It could also be of interest to people living in other cities.

4.0 out of 5 stars leicester history, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Slums of Leicester (Paperback)
slums of leicester is a very interesting book, the title is very apt but slightly misleading.
i found it to be an interesting insight into how the poor people of leicester lived in the 1800s and early 1900s.
the photo's are excellent and in some cases show actual houses where ancestors lived.
thank goodness things have changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars About the book, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Slums of Leicester (Paperback)
This book, it brings back loads of Memory back from my gran witch has Dementia . Now she all ways reading it

2.0 out of 5 stars The Slums of Leicester, 4 Aug 2011
Wendy Lisowy (NY USA) - See all my reviews

ARRAY(0xa80c09cc)

The Slums of Leicester
The Slums of Leicester by Mr Ned Newitt (Paperback - 21 Mar 2013)
12.99