4.0 out of 5 stars Tommy Tynan
Published on 31 May 2009 by Mr. Gareth J. Lynch

3.0 out of 5 stars Football Idol
A tale of a player who struck it lucky, by getting a chance to join his boyhood heros frm park football. This book shows exactly what it takes to scrape a living in the English lower leagues and was a breath of fresh air from the usual millionaire football biographies that crop up too often now.
Published on 28 May 2011 by Mr D. Fleming

4.0 out of 5 stars Tommy Tynan, 31 May 2009
Mr. Gareth J. Lynch (Newport, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Tynan: The Original Football Idol (Hardcover)
I bought this book after doing some research into the old Newport County. I didnt know much history about my local team, even though my dad played for them in the 1970's. A name that kept coming up up was Tynan, so I bought this to find out about him. It is a very good read and I thoroughly enjoyed the rise of a young football mad boy from Liverpool. Great book and well written.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't enjoy it, 25 July 2013
Mr. B. A. French "bazzafrench" (Hampton Hill, Middx) - See all my reviews
I love football stories, especially by 'lesser players', but the Tommy Tynan story never really grabbed me. I prefer books told from the player's point of view, rather than that of a 'historian'. It was all, 'when Tommy did this' and 'when Tommy did that'. It didn't get the emotions of the player over to me at all. Sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly wrote, 3 Jan 2013
Didn't enjoy this book at all. Not very well written and focuses too much on statistics of the era, such as who is in the news or number one in the charts. Stick to the football and life around that. Written by a ghost writer, not Tommy. I prefer autobiographies to be told by the person themselves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Football Idol, 28 May 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommy Tynan, the original Football Idol, 7 Mar 2012
A very formative insight too one of the lower leagues most prolific goalscorers, a very gifted player who had the respect of fans from all clubs, an if you had seen him play as i did you would know why.

Tommy Tynan: The Original Football Idol
Tommy Tynan: The Original Football Idol by Ryan Danes (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2009)