Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 December 2007
I originally borrowed this from a library but had to own a copy as it was full of so many cute patterns. It has a stitch guide, shows you how to sew your pieces together and the patterns range from newborn to three year olds. It includes jumpers, cardigans,a dress, shawl, blanket and how to filet crochet a curtain.
Written in uk sizes so no need to convert from US (unlike a few books I have purchased)
I return to this book time and time again. Buy this you won't regret it
on 22 February 2010
Lovely book lots of patterns from beginners onwards. I've managed to complete 2 items so far and I'm delighted with the results. Great value and easy to understand.
on 20 May 2008
I have just purchased this book and I am delighted with it.
There is a lovely selection of patterns with clear instructions and the book is very well set out.
on 26 January 2009
My husband bought me this book for christmas 2008. I must admit I haven't crocheted for years & have forgotten most of it. This book has very clear instructions, easy to follow & great tips. The best book I have found that clearly explains the techniques used, however....

As for the patterns, there are only a few patterns that I will probably make, as the others are too dated. The rest look like patterns from the 70's or 80's that have just been put in a newer book. I wouldn't put my children in those clothes, they are very old fashioned (ie. tractor design dungarees, tartan style cardigan & hat, polar bear jacket).
on 9 June 2009
Some very attractive looking garments to make; but I could not make the two patterns I tried, work properly. I tried to make a baby hat; the first pattern did not work at all,so I then tried another pattern. The hat I finally managed to make was suitable for a 3 year old! The instructions were not reliable, so I will not attempt the other patterns.
This book might be suitable for an experienced crochet worker.
on 17 October 2013
I've just bought this book as I needed new crochet patterns for presents for friends' and colleagues' babies and toddlers. I like most of the projects in it, though some are a little bit 80's and definitely needs to be updated.

I haven't started any projects from the book yet, because I have found one very big flaw! Throughout the book all the sizes are given like this; "to fit chest 51 cm, 56 cm and 61 cm". I don't have the opportunity to measure the child or baby I want to crochet for, and have absolutely no idea what chest size a 1 year-old is. So how do I know what size to crochet?

I could guess, but I don't want to spend my time on a project I then have to unwind and start over because it's too small. I think I'll look at other patterns and compare the finished chest size on their Projects to this, but it just seems a lot of trouble before I can even start crocheting.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2011
I really like the range of ideas in this book - lots of different clothes and the instructions seem clear. I think sizes can fairly easily be adapted too.
on 1 February 2012
Love this book. So pleased with it. Fairly easy to understand. Though been crocheting for a while. Made a few iterms pleased with the results. Great buy
on 29 February 2012
This is a lovely collection of modern designs with easy to follow instructions. I made 2 garments within 2 weeks.
on 17 March 2014
Great book patterns are English terms and actually work. Very good buy for beginners as its easy to follow .