on 20 February 2001
This book is a must for anyone considering buying an old classic VW (Beetle/ Van) It takes you through everything from the history of VW to finding the right vehicle, to a full restoration including spraying. This book is not written as a manual for the DIY mechanic, it is an illustrated step by step guide to fully restoring the vehicle. Its topics include, Bodywork, Interior and trim, mechanical components, modifications, Buggies and Bajas and tools required for the job. This book has already saved me a lot of money, I was able to use my knowledge to barter with the seller saving me a considerable amount when buying my Beetle, also when getting prices for work to be done the garages were not able to blind me with science and add extra onto the bill for my ignorance! It turned out that I knew more about the car than some of the welders that I went to see! After reading this book I feel quite confident that I will be able to tackle some of the jobs myself. I am quite looking forward to it.
0Comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2009
I was unsure as to how detailed the book would be. I have some knowlege of working on cars but needed a little more in depth know how to give me the confidence to proceed with the angle grinder.
This book has lots of info and pictures that give you the idea of what the next job will entail before you start. Top marks
on 27 December 2014
I bought this book as I am looking to purchase and restore a VW Beetle. The book is well informed and has provided good advice on what to look for when purchasing the Beetle. It also contains the history of the Beetle/Transporter and information on each variant.
on 19 April 2014
Lots of reading and good for someone who wants to know the process of restoring a beetle or camper. The normal workshop haynes manual is better for me as there are more diagrams, I bought both.
on 5 February 2014
Haynes is living up to its usual standard of manuals here.
Excellent and useful book with great pictures and descriptions.
on 6 April 2009
Great Book, Anyone interested in renovating a Volkswagen Beetle this book can give some good insight into what to do.
on 28 July 2014
Its basically just beetle - hardly any transporter bits
on 20 December 2011
Brought this book as a present for my dad, came on time and in good condition. The only thing is, to me, it is very much black and white with small writing so i find it a bit boring, but has everything in. Didnt know to buy this or the haynes mannual.