on 23 October 2004
I used this book whilst studying EU law as part of my LLB degree and it was REALLY useful! The topics are broken down clearly and presented in a easily understandable way. Diagrams and flow charts are used throughout to help build a mental picture of key concepts. Basically this book made study of what is essentially a massive and confusing area of law not only easier but interesting!
on 8 October 2007
I don't know why it is that nobody seems able to write a book on EU law that is explains the law in simple terms without over simplifying it. All books in the area either seem to leave you just as confused as when you started or to give you a false sense that you understand things becasue they reduce it all to its simplist possible terms. This book is the best that I could find at providing clear and simple explanations that enable you to get your head round the law. The diagrams really help too and give you an way of puzzling through the law until you get to the point of understanding that is needed. I still thought that there was room to make it a more effective learning tool for students by doing things like noting what points are essentially established as fact and what is open to debate discussion but you can't have everything. THis was the fourth EU book that I bought but the first of the four that I didn't send back as being no use whatsoever so its clearly goind something right.
on 2 November 2007
I used this book throughout my second year of my LLB degree, and found it an essential supplement to my required reading. The concepts are broken down, and the information is presented in a way that really enables the reader to fully embrace the subject. I would definitely recommend it to anyone studying European law.
on 16 February 2010
After months of reading countless textbooks on European Union law (none of which particularly made any sense!) I have finally found a logical and an easy to read book which summarises most aspects of EU law and has put everything into context for me.
I am using this text alongside the recommended core textbook for my LLB law degree and thanks to this book I am now aware and understanding many of the complex decisions made by the European Courts.
If you are struggling to understand EC law it is a must buy, you really won't be disappointed!!
on 8 May 2010
A really good, simple explanation of the concepts of EU law. EU law is actually quite simple compared with some of the other modules, but you need to understand the principles. Karen Davies sets them out in a more straightforward manner than any other author I've seen.
on 2 November 2013
This book is amazing since it not only gives a precise and clear introduction to the realm of EU Law, its content is also to-the-point thought provoking. It is a valuable revision companion and I really like its simple but useful structure.

It also contains a list of glossary which is particularly helpful for students approaching this area of law for the first time.
on 28 July 2011
Probably the best revision text I have used. Contains much more info than the nutshell series and the fact that it is post-Lisbon is always a plus!
From what I have read so far, it is well laid out and easy to read.
on 15 January 2014
Ordering easy and product arrived in good time and in good condition to give for Christmas. No problems. Not sure how to rate as daughter probably hates it ... but she needed it!
on 15 July 2014
Very useful book. Easy to understand and give you the basics. Worth a read even if not interested in law. Very quick postage
on 15 October 2014
This is not the version that I was looking for, but it is ok.!