Format: Cards|Change

on 12 December 2009
A beautiful deck of large tarot cards and a gorgeous guide book that comes with it.
This deck is stunning, and the guide book is very informative. I love how the description of the cards are given in the discription of the art, in the druid meaning,and general meaning.
There is some nudity in the cards which may be offensive to some people. However I think most people will see it as it is meant to be seen, natural and beautiful art.

This is my most favourite deck, and I highly recommend this deck.
on 22 January 2011
I reviewed these cards when I first received them, but for some reason it was not posted. There was no swearing or anything! I am very drawn to the artwork on these cards, in fact I just love it. I find some of the definitions in the little book 'interesting' but also enlightening. I mainly use my intuitive definition. I have several packs of cards and find that clients are often drawn to this set too. I think it's because they are so 'English' Everytime I use them I'm thinking of Dorset!They are brilliant to meditate with, or try sleeping with one under your pillow! However I agree they are on the big side and because the card is of a high quality they are quite stiff. This causes problems if you ask a client to shuffle the cards, and they are not too good at shuffling. (I never fail to be amazed by the number of people who cannot shuffle. Oh well perhaps I had a mis-spent youth playing cards!)I certainly would not be without them in my collection and they are a favourite. Hopefully this review will get posted this time.
on 25 January 2010
As a tarot collector for 40 years, I can safely say that those painted by Will Worthington are among the most beautiful I've ever seen, and this deck is no exception. As chiefs of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm clearly know Druidry inside-out and have recently branched out into Wicca. As a long-time stalwart of the same Order, Will Worthington knows a thing or two himself. The three of them together have produced a stunning deck that would grace the shelves of any Witch or Druid, Pagan or Prognosticator. The Carr-Gomms are skilful writers and researchers, so the accompanying book is excellent, but it's the cards themselves that sell the package for me. Will's knowledge of his subject and eye for detail combine with amazing technical skill as an artist to give us what must be one of the best-looking tarot decks ever.
As for the Hanged Man's willy, I can't say I'd paid it much heed until my fellow reviewers drew attention to it. What can I say? It's a willy. Most chaps have one. Personally, I've never had a problem with nudity, whether male or female. Hideous clothes, yes. Nudity, no ...
For more of Will's wonderful work, check out The Druid Animal Oracle and DRUID PLANT ORACLE (Book & Card Pack)
on 15 February 2014
I am a complete beginner to Tarot and chose this deck as the art work appealed to me and I liked the earthiness of them. They are big, approx. 14cm x 9cm, but I think this is needed to showcase the art work to it's full. They are glossy, which adds to their difficulty to shuffle, but I've found it much easier to shuffle them holding them vertically in my hand instead of horizontally, or if you have space you can shuffle them around a table or floor. None of this is enough to put me off the deck. The back is a reddish brown colour with simple gold detail on the back. A couple of them have been printed a little of centre, but again this doesn't put me off or annoy me, I'm not focusing on the borders of the card when I'm reading.

The accompanying small book gives a short introduction about the cards and Druid craft, how to interoperate them and some simple exercises you can do to familiarise yourself with them. At the back the show a lay out and go through it. There is a description of meaning for each card and I have found this, paired with the strong images enough to be able to start doing readings. The descriptions in the book is enough to get me going and give me a feel for the card, I find then that I can develop ideas very easily from looking at the images. There is a lot of detail in them and I find it easy to draw insights from and then connect them to other cards in the spread. As a beginner I find the images very helpful in guiding me and I have had very positive comments on my readings and on the cards.

I'm very pleased with these cards, there are maybe a couple of images that I personally feel aren't as strong as the rest, but overall it's a beautiful deck with great detail that can be used for insightful readings. I don't think I will become bored of these, every time I look at a card again I find something new to think about. I would recommend these to beginners and experienced readers alike.
on 16 October 2011
I have a few sets of oracle cards, and my daughters have an interest too, so we've seen a fair few decks.

These are the best of the bunch, IMHO. OK, so lots of the cards are very beautiful - the artwork is worth collecting simply for its own sake - but these are especially inspiring although I am at a loss to suggest why!

The images have a clarity that I've not seen in other decks and the readings I've done so far have been very insightful and interesting. The guidebook is fairly basic but that means you have to use your own intuition all the more in decoding what's in front of you.

It all comes in a sturdy box and no, I did not find any of the images disturbing or offensive.

Highly recommended.
on 26 September 2012
Is everyone aware that this version of the Druidcraft Tarot comes with a tiny, pocket-sized book that has only condensed meanings in it? I wasn't, and ended up ordering this version by mistake. I still think the website descriptions are unclear, and do not distinguish between the 2 versions.

If you want the full version of the accompanying book, which I highly recommend - it is truly wonderful read! - you need to go here:
The Druid Craft Tarot: Use the Magic of Wicca and Druidry to Guide Your Life
on 24 September 2015
Everything came as expected. The super condensed guidebook fits in the box nicely too. Not a bad brief read, but the print is tiny.
The cards are large (as mentioned in the description and other reviews), and the print quality is average, whereas the conceptual content for each card is actually quite pleasant. The back of the cards is a pretty dull and boring purply-red colour, but at least it doesn't distract from the face images...
Biggest let down is the absolute horrendous lining up of prints and cutting of the cards. The backs have random white edges where they haven't been aligned for cutting, and nearly half the cards have the edges missing and cut into the printed image. If i trimmed them down further myself, I would have to cut into the image and the gold line edging on the rear side of the cards.
Image attached shows a couple of the cards. Should have done it on a darker background, but you get the idea. Its just really off-putting, otherwise wouldn't have been that bothered.
review image
on 29 December 2013
Received this set as a gift. The cards are absolutely stunning and I am looking forward to using them. There are two options for this tarot set, the one I have is with the 79 page booklet and the other with some 200 pages. Obviously being on a tight budget I opted for the booklet version. After some research you will realise that you maybe should have gone for the bigger version as the booklet only touches on the cards meanings, however I would say it is also ideal to have the booklet as a min reference if you are out and about. The large book is only available if you are buying the cards....at least I could not find the book on its own. This I found disappointing. UNTIL I found that fools dog has created an ap for this tarot set which has the full meanings from the big book incorporated within. It is available on android which is what I use and works a treat. So I now have a handy sized booklet and a really sweet ap that is also a very useful tool.
on 28 December 2009
This deck is quite something and is definitely for those who are familier with the old ways of paganism and Druidism. The slightly bigger than usual cards give this deck a luxurious feel. The imagery is very evocative and quite something to look at and coincides with the Rider-Waite system which would be a fairly good deck for a Tarot newbie.

I was quite surprised by the 'Hanged Man' in this deck who is completely starkers with a very well drawn genitalia! I was surprised because its not usual to see the 'Hanged Man' in all his glory. I would have been less surprised if his bits were showcased in 'The Lovers' card instead. If you follow the old ways then nakedness should not be a problem to you anyway, since the body is a beautiful and sacred thing and if this is so, then you will be able to enjoy the whole deck once you get over this particular card. Also, 'The Hanged Man' is supposed to convey sacrifice and surrender and his nakedness adds to the meaning of this card because he has surrendered everything including his dignity and humility. He has offered himself to the Gods in his natural state and this really gets the meaning of the card across. You can tell by his face that his isn't to happy about his situation! I think some may find this card shocking, because it is not a situation we would like to find ourselves in (think stag do, when your *mates* tie you naked to a lamp post and leave you there!)

Anyway this deck is really something, it is full of energy, symbolism and beautiful artwork and gives you a real sense of Druids and their way of life. Its very enjoyable and straight forward to read with and I don't think it would ever become boring. Its definitely one to add to your Tarot collection although but I would only buy it for someone else if they are at least 16-18!
on 2 March 2011
My order came within the estimated time and in excellent condition. The artwork on the cards is beautiful and they are easy to use with the enclosed booklet - even for a novice like me. I am delighted with my order and recommend this supplier.