5.0 out of 5 stars Will Worthington Rocks!
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by Greywolf

3.0 out of 5 stars The small, condensed version
Is everyone aware that this version of the Druidcraft Tarot comes with a tiny, pocket-sized book that has only condensed meanings in it? I wasn't, and ended up ordering this version by mistake. I still think the website descriptions are unclear, and do not distinguish between the 2 versions.

If you want the full version of the accompanying book, which I highly...
Published 23 months ago by Eala

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Worthington Rocks!, 25 Jan 2010
Greywolf (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
As a tarot collector for 40 years, I can safely say that those painted by Will Worthington are among the most beautiful I've ever seen, and this deck is no exception. As chiefs of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm clearly know Druidry inside-out and have recently branched out into Wicca. As a long-time stalwart of the same Order, Will Worthington knows a thing or two himself. The three of them together have produced a stunning deck that would grace the shelves of any Witch or Druid, Pagan or Prognosticator. The Carr-Gomms are skilful writers and researchers, so the accompanying book is excellent, but it's the cards themselves that sell the package for me. Will's knowledge of his subject and eye for detail combine with amazing technical skill as an artist to give us what must be one of the best-looking tarot decks ever.
As for the Hanged Man's willy, I can't say I'd paid it much heed until my fellow reviewers drew attention to it. What can I say? It's a willy. Most chaps have one. Personally, I've never had a problem with nudity, whether male or female. Hideous clothes, yes. Nudity, no ...
For more of Will's wonderful work, check out The Druid Animal Oracle and DRUID PLANT ORACLE (Book & Card Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Stunning, 12 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
A beautiful deck of large tarot cards and a gorgeous guide book that comes with it.
This deck is stunning, and the guide book is very informative. I love how the description of the cards are given in the discription of the art, in the druid meaning,and general meaning.
There is some nudity in the cards which may be offensive to some people. However I think most people will see it as it is meant to be seen, natural and beautiful art.

This is my most favourite deck, and I highly recommend this deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 12 Mar 2010
T. Coyle "The Spirit Keeper" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
This is my first set of Tarot cards, and I chose these after looking at many others. I can only really echo the other reviews as to how beautiful these cards are. As for the Hangs Mans willy...well, as far as I'm concerned its all part of the male anatomy and really no big deal what so ever, I wasn't drawn into staring at it like others seems to have been! If you have a real problem with it, make a fig leaf sticker for it!!! The little book that comes with the cards (that fits inside the box) is easy to read, gives you a good description /meaning and reverse meaning of each card, its a shame that the entire book is printed in a red shade including the description pictures of the cards, i personally don't like that much, but thats just me! All in all I would highly recommend these cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars review mark 2, 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
I reviewed these cards when I first received them, but for some reason it was not posted. There was no swearing or anything! I am very drawn to the artwork on these cards, in fact I just love it. I find some of the definitions in the little book 'interesting' but also enlightening. I mainly use my intuitive definition. I have several packs of cards and find that clients are often drawn to this set too. I think it's because they are so 'English' Everytime I use them I'm thinking of Dorset!They are brilliant to meditate with, or try sleeping with one under your pillow! However I agree they are on the big side and because the card is of a high quality they are quite stiff. This causes problems if you ask a client to shuffle the cards, and they are not too good at shuffling. (I never fail to be amazed by the number of people who cannot shuffle. Oh well perhaps I had a mis-spent youth playing cards!)I certainly would not be without them in my collection and they are a favourite. Hopefully this review will get posted this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning Deck But The Hanged Man May Shock You!, 28 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
This deck is quite something and is definitely for those who are familier with the old ways of paganism and Druidism. The slightly bigger than usual cards give this deck a luxurious feel. The imagery is very evocative and quite something to look at and coincides with the Rider-Waite system which would be a fairly good deck for a Tarot newbie.

I was quite surprised by the 'Hanged Man' in this deck who is completely starkers with a very well drawn genitalia! I was surprised because its not usual to see the 'Hanged Man' in all his glory. I would have been less surprised if his bits were showcased in 'The Lovers' card instead. If you follow the old ways then nakedness should not be a problem to you anyway, since the body is a beautiful and sacred thing and if this is so, then you will be able to enjoy the whole deck once you get over this particular card. Also, 'The Hanged Man' is supposed to convey sacrifice and surrender and his nakedness adds to the meaning of this card because he has surrendered everything including his dignity and humility. He has offered himself to the Gods in his natural state and this really gets the meaning of the card across. You can tell by his face that his isn't to happy about his situation! I think some may find this card shocking, because it is not a situation we would like to find ourselves in (think stag do, when your *mates* tie you naked to a lamp post and leave you there!)

Anyway this deck is really something, it is full of energy, symbolism and beautiful artwork and gives you a real sense of Druids and their way of life. Its very enjoyable and straight forward to read with and I don't think it would ever become boring. Its definitely one to add to your Tarot collection although but I would only buy it for someone else if they are at least 16-18!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
I have a few sets of oracle cards, and my daughters have an interest too, so we've seen a fair few decks.

These are the best of the bunch, IMHO. OK, so lots of the cards are very beautiful - the artwork is worth collecting simply for its own sake - but these are especially inspiring although I am at a loss to suggest why!

The images have a clarity that I've not seen in other decks and the readings I've done so far have been very insightful and interesting. The guidebook is fairly basic but that means you have to use your own intuition all the more in decoding what's in front of you.

It all comes in a sturdy box and no, I did not find any of the images disturbing or offensive.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely elegant Tarot but too big, 29 July 2010
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
I love this deck and i don't like nakedness usually, like in the Robin Wood deck where it seems tacky to me, but this is a beautful deck and the handged man has a natural grace. I love the wheel of fortune and death cards they are so evocative. My only problem is that I have small hands and there is no way I can comfortably handle this deck. If a smaller version were to be published i would befirst to buy it!! Despite the size it remains my preferred deck for personal readings and also to offer to clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful deck here's a tip, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
Received this set as a gift. The cards are absolutely stunning and I am looking forward to using them. There are two options for this tarot set, the one I have is with the 79 page booklet and the other with some 200 pages. Obviously being on a tight budget I opted for the booklet version. After some research you will realise that you maybe should have gone for the bigger version as the booklet only touches on the cards meanings, however I would say it is also ideal to have the booklet as a min reference if you are out and about. The large book is only available if you are buying the cards....at least I could not find the book on its own. This I found disappointing. UNTIL I found that fools dog has created an ap for this tarot set which has the full meanings from the big book incorporated within. It is available on android which is what I use and works a treat. So I now have a handy sized booklet and a really sweet ap that is also a very useful tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Druid Craft Tarot Deck, 2 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
My order came within the estimated time and in excellent condition. The artwork on the cards is beautiful and they are easy to use with the enclosed booklet - even for a novice like me. I am delighted with my order and recommend this supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning cards!!, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) (Paperback)
The artwork on these cards and the attention to detail is absolutely stunning. I'm a complete novice but am finding it very easy to remember the meanings and emotions associated with each card because every picture tells a story. I also have the accompanying book and its fascinating learning about the Wicca and Druid beliefs and traditions that are depicted on them. I have a few tarot decks but these are by far my favourite; they will be treasured!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards) by Will Worthington (Paperback - 2 Mar 2009)
10.39