5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and helpful oracle
Published on 29 Jan 2009 by ILONACAT

3.0 out of 5 stars Cards
I found the box flimsy, and the booklet does not have an index page, so you have to search the whole booklet for the drawn card/cards.
Published 5 months ago by bridie levy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and helpful oracle, 29 Jan 2009
ILONACAT (WIRRAL, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
I first bought this beautiful set of cards with the wise and well-written book about a decade ago. It soon became a firm favourite but I did find the book rather difficult to travel with, it being a hardback. So I am VERY pleased that the cards have now been brought out with a booklet. Having said that, the booklet only offers interpretations of the animals depicted-it doesn't contain the myths-so I would suggest having BOTH this deck (for portability) and the original cards-with-hardback for the deeper work.

The paintings of each animal are breathtaking. All animals depicted are or have been native to the British Isles, except the four dragons (Earth, Air, Water and Fire) which are included, I presume, to add extra depth. The book is written by the Carr-Gomms, both eminent contemporary Druids. They really do know their stuff !

There's nothing fluffy-bunny about these cards or about the book.Both are very grounded in tradition without being stuffy. There is no psychobabble or other annoying jargon.

The Druid Animal Oracle Deck

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous illustrations and plenty of Celtic references, 24 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
This deck is beautifully illustrated. The pictures themselves connect with various myths and legends through the animals in the deck, and for those acquainted with the Ogham there are also references in the artwork to help with deeper interpretation. A lovely deck, but may be better for those with some understanding of Celtic myth and legend to identify with the characteristics and strengths of the individual animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 6 July 2009
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
I already have the book with the cards, however, I wanted to keep the original cards and have a spare set for readings. These cards have excellent artwork but can take a little while to study all of the 'hidden' plants etc... which help define the cards. If you're willing to put in the time to learn these cards they will reward you with accurate readings. A plus with this set is that you have several blank cards so you can draw or glue on pictures of other animals that you yourself feel should be there. All in all an excellent oracle deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Druid Animal Oracle Deck, 4 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
I think this is a very good deck, less ambiguous than many of the Medicine Cards' readings, and so much better than Celtic Totem Animals' basic deck. The illustrations are excellent and the readings, including the reverse ones, I have found very helpful. My main problem with the deck is the fact that the cards are so big and very difficult to shuffle, even for somebody with large hands like me. Also there is only one spread given in this basic set which I feel is limiting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Druid Animal Oracle deck., 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
The artwork on this deck of Oracle cards is superb and the booklet which accompanies them is very informative and easy to understand. I have come to expect excellence from Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm and wasn't disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful Oracle Deck!, 3 Jun 2010
C. Gamon - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
Words cannot describe how much I love this deck. The illustrations are absolutely breathtaking. Unlike some decks I have worked with, I get such a powerful, helpful feel from these cards and very successful readings. The meanings are not overly difficult to learn, and the symbolism of the images goes far in helping as well. Although the cards are rather big, the beautiful images greatly outweigh any incumbrance with shuffling.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Beautiful Animal Deck I've ever seen, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
This has to be the artistically most beautiful animal deck I've ever seen! I have not actually had a chance to work with it yet, but I liked it so much I shopped around until I found a copy of the Out-of-Print Druid Tarot to go with it. However, I still like the art on the animal deck even better, unlike some other animal decks, this one holds together very well in style and content.

Everything in each card is well thought out, with proper vegetation, landscapes and other information. There are no cards that seem "out-of-place" nor are there any with "hasty" looking art work. I get so tired of some recent oracle card decks where the illustrations look like badly adapted photo's or the styles are not on sync. This deck has NONE of those problems and I have actually purchased a second copy and the full book that goes with it. This is one deck I want to have both in my reading office and in my traveling reading kit.

I'm very much looking forward to using it for my readings,

Melodi Grundy
Melodi's Psychic Readings

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cards, slightly smaller would have given 5 *, 7 Aug 2011
Vhoenen (wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
I love these cards, the illustrations are beautiful. There is a fair amount of symbolism in each card, not too much to be overwhelmed with it as I've seen in some decks. The booklet that comes in this set gives enough explanation to get you going without overdoing it.

My only issue is the size of the cards, I think they are an A6 size, making it awkward to shuffle. This is however my favourite deck despite of its awkward size.

5.0 out of 5 stars another beautifull deck from the druid family, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
just could not resist these..i have the tarot set and they are lovely..these cards with the beautifull illustrations are lovely and easy to use..my only negative and its a small one is that my hands are not very big and i find it quite diffullcult to shuffle..but i lay them out now and then pick the card..the messages are always right and give great guidence..

5.0 out of 5 stars Druid Animal Oracle Deck, 1 May 2011
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle Deck (Cards)
A listing of the animals would have been useful as I already own the Jamie Sams Oracle Cards and wanted more from Great Britain

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Druid Animal Oracle Deck
The Druid Animal Oracle Deck by Stephanie Carr-Gomm (Cards - 29 April 2005)