5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cup, beautiful read
Published on 1 Feb 2006 by Sophie Sams

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing description
I just wanted to make everyone aware that the title description is misleading. You do NOT receive the cup and saucer as listed - you ONLY receive the book. This is not clear at all - the title says "A Traditional Fortune-teller's Cup and Saucer Plus Illustrated Book of Interpretations". This is NOT what you receive. Buyer beware!
Published on 14 Oct 2010 by pnedx

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cup, beautiful read, 1 Feb 2006
This review is from: The Cup of Destiny: A Traditional Fortune-teller's Cup and Saucer Plus Illustrated Book of Interpretations (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book and cup combo. I am a huge admirer of Jane Lyle's other books, The Lover's Tarot (among others). She writes clearly and concisely and the instructions are simple to follow. And I always get insightful readings when I use her tarot decks and books. But half the reason I like this particular combo is the beautiful design of the cup. I have bought tons of them as gifts. It is so stylish and the book is great fun -- even if you don't believe in tea leaf readings!

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise kindness, 10 Feb 2012
I just received this set as a surprise gift from someone I don't know very well. I am an astrologer and a tarot reader but had not yet tried me hand at tea leaves. So I am very moved by this lovely gift.

By the way, it is indeed a set. It came well packaged in a box with cup, saucer and book. So as for pnedx's warning that this listing was incorrect, I suspect their complaint should be with the seller they purchased it from and not Amazon's listing.

Anyway, the cup is lovely with gorgeous hand painted symbols on it (including astrological glyphs which I especially loved). It 'is' hand painted so do not put it in the dishwasher... The book is less than 100 pages in length but tells you everything you need to know to start reading immediately. I am utterly delighted to own this and will treasure it always. In fact, I am already making a list of people I can send one to as a surprise kindness :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 10 May 2011
The packaging made the Cup look bigger than expected, but it's still a nice size, magical, traditional, and well made. Amazon packed it very well in a big box with lots of bubble wrap.

The book is great with good instructions on performing a reading, and pictures of tea leaf symbols with clear and concise definitions.

I used this listing to buy the cup and saucer. I am confused as to why a reviewer has only received the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing description, 14 Oct 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, 27 Jun 2014
Do Not buy from WORLD OF BOOKS! You get the book only despite all the photos and detail descriptions. On contacting them, they are extremely unhelpful and unbelievably stupid, simply saying they will send another book out over and over. They seem to have no grasp or understanding of the situation. Blatant misrepresentation and extremely disappointing as overall the book looks very good. (And yes, I'm aware of the irony that I've only rated it One Star,) but if it stops someone else being misled then it is well worth it. Just please make sure when purchasing this item from another stockist that you get the full package, because I am sure that it will be very well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 Jan 2012
Red Hazel "Haze" (Stalybridge, England) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely thing! I have now purchased a couple more books on tea-leaf reading, so am about to start in earnest! From what I can gather, when you really get into it, you should use a cup with an "unpatterned" inside, but I suppose that is up to yourself. It is a gorgeous set though, and the only downside for me, was seeing them in TK Maxx for £4.99. Can't wait to get started!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Feb 2009
C. Jacobson-maher "CJM" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This was ones of those gifts that i did not want to part with. It is a superb gift - very good quality. I cant comment technically! as i have not used it - but I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars was in good condition happy with, 19 July 2014
was in good condition happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 19 April 2010
S. Roberts (uk) - See all my reviews
I was given this as a gift and loved it really nice gift for any friend

1.0 out of 5 stars No communication, 29 Jun 2010
Unfortunately this product did not arrive, I emailed the seller and as of yet have had no response