5.0 out of 5 stars a great buy......, 26 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Healing Runes (Paperback)
now you get a complete set of runes with this book and they make it worth it before you even open the book! the runes are made of glass and have gold symbols. the book itself is a really good read, it explains completly how to use and read the runes. i recommend this book highly especially if you are looking for some good quality runes which are so hard to find these days at an affordable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK CHANGED MY LIFE!, 4 Aug 1998
By A Customer
This is one of the most amazing books that I've ever read, without a doubt,THE HEALING RUNES ,HAS PROFOUNDLY CHANGED MY LIFE. Six months ago, I was brutally raped and felt my life would/could never be the same!!! For the first few weeks I was at the rape crisis center EVERY day. Then one day in a group discussion, I asked if anyone could suggest a book or books that might help me in beginning the long journey back. Three women said almost at the same moment---THE HEALING RUNES. I got a cold chill and when the group ended, headed for my local bookstore. From the moment I held it, I felt something from just from holding it. I know it sounds silly, but it's true. Years ago, a friend had given me THE BOOK of RUNES, which I enjoyed for a number of years . At that point in my life I simply felt that I had outgrown it. I tucked it away until the recent event I mentioned earlier, AND THEN OUT OF HEAVEN'S GIFTS, A MOST CHERISHED FRIEND WOULD BECOME A PART OF MY LIFE-----THE ! HEALING RUNES. WHAT AN AMAZING GIFT. WHEN I GOT HOME FROM THE BOOKSTORE I REACHED INTO THE VELVET BAG OF RUNE STONES, AND PICKED THE FIRST OF MANY RUNES THAT WOULD SET ME BACK ON COURSE. I picked the 14th Rune, the Rune of ACCECPTANCE. The first paragraph left me with tears streaming down my face, and the hairs on my arm standing up in profound understanding that this little green book, with it's beautiful stones and passages ,had, without knowing me, hit a bullseye!!!!! The Rune of Acceptance said in the first paragraph, exactly what I needed to hear. "This is a Rune of major blessings, blessings received and blessings bestowed. Acceptance forms the foundation for loving yourself. Before you can rebuild your life, you must come to know the peace that accompanies self-acceptance, for out of that peace arises the willingness and the wisdom to greet each day with a quiet heart." This is most certainly a MUST READ BOOK for anyone going through any form of hea! ling. Healing from emotional, physical, spiritual, or psych! ological pain of ANY KIND. This is a very powerful little book that I take with me everywhere. Thank you both for this pearl of wisdom. I love the strength of the feminine voice, it was long overdue in your Rune series, bless you Susan, and thank you Ralph for bringing such a powerful voice to the Runes to represent all women. ESPECIALLY ME!!!!! BRAVO, IT'S A CONTEMPORARY MASTERPIECE, and a vital part of the lives of almost everyone I know, as I have gifted them all with it. M.K.T.
RUNES

5.0 out of 5 stars Guidance for a healthier body & soul., 18 Mar 2002
By A Customer
Not the traditional meanings that many will be used to, but a progressive set of interpretations that work to bring healing and balance into your life. They can be used on their own or alongside the traditional, giving guidance and comfort in difficult, out of the ordinary situations. Whether dealing with your own situation or that of a family member or friend, this book gives valuable advice, often helping the you see things from a new perspective. Even when life seems on track, this guide can help give you a new focus and clarity to each day, a perfect set of tools for todays hectic world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to runes, a "must have" to help heal, 24 Aug 1999
By A Customer
This book was my first introduction to Runes. It is an easy read, beginning with good history of the Runes and continuing with thoughtful, applicable information about each stone. The focus is on healing, which doesn't apply to my life right now (thankfully), but this will be my first reference tool when I next enter a state of healing! This book was a great introduction for me and my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A true classic", 26 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I received the "Healing Runes" as a gift to help me cope with menopause. Much to my surprise I discovered that parts of my own internal life, needed as much help,as my physical life. I think there's a good chance,"The Healing Runes", will become a classic. Karen J., Los Angeles, California

5.0 out of 5 stars A new friend in the American Indian recovery community, 28 July 1999
By A Customer
Very simply,"The Healing Runes" are rapidly becoming a mainstay for Native American youth in recovery. It's message comes across with the same quiet strength, as Susan herself does in person. I had the pleasue of hearing her discuss the need for schools, to add a mandatory class on emotional development to their curriculum, state by state, as a deterrent to crime. The common sense of her thinking is very evident in this book. I find my emotions moving around when I read my daily passage. When I met her I asked if this was intentional, her smile was my answer. She said the weaving and positioning of specific words,was done to evoke an in the moment response---especially in groups.!!!!! Thank you Susan, for your generosity to the national American Indian community, and thank you BOTH for writing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Tool, 27 July 1999
By A Customer
This book is filled with insight and encouragement. I use it and the stones in my morning and evening meditations.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has a depth that creeps up on you, 18 July 1999
By A Customer
This book has become an integral part of my daily life. The depth of knowledge creeps up on you. You will be quite suprised. I love it. A grateful reader, from, the Sonoma Valley.

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable gem !!!!!!, 27 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This is a very important book for anyone serious about healing. It is a true, yet gentle reflecting pool, of our own ability to uncover the answers necessary to heal. Reaching into the gentle velvet bag of stones, is a true metaphor for life. I would like to thank both Blum and Loughan for creating such a beautiful way to journey home. A very greatful Native American from the Sioux Nation. J. Grey Eagle

4.0 out of 5 stars The Healing Runes - review by Corinne a novice to the Runes, 16 Feb 2010
Ms. Ce Ash-hill "Corinne Ash-Hill" (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Healing Runes (Paperback)
'The Healing Runes'is any easy guide to dip into. This is certainly an optimistic book that brings hope and comfort. Interpretations are unambiguous and by posing questions, asks the reader to look to themselves for explanations that sit well for them in their given situation.

This book is complimentary to those who have an understanding of the Runes and not, perhaps a soul guide for the beginner. At first glance interpretations seem clear but the Runes have greater depths once you begin to get a feel for them.

The author admits that the text may be over saturated with references to God/ The Divine, although the reader can interpret this with their own understanding of a Higher power or the Power with-in.

I often read this in conjunction with 'The Book of Runes'. Sometimes,'The Healing Runes' helps clarify an interpretation of a particular Rune, with other Runes the interpretation seems incomparible and confusing. Hope this is of use to you. Corinne

The Healing Runes
The Healing Runes by Susan Loughan (Paperback - 27 July 2001)
Used & New from: 8.85