5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me ;)
This is my first "divination" purchase, and I must say I'm really very pleased with it. The cards themselves are beautifully illustrated and the accompanying book is clear, concise and provides a page or two of lore relevant to each animal.
Those who know their Ogham should pay close attention to the borders of each individual card.
Another thing I...
Published on 1 Feb 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but watch out...
Published on 21 Aug 2007 by J. Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me ;), 1 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
Another thing I liked was the emphasis on positive thinking - some divinatory systems pronounce the worst sort of doom on the luckless individual who draws a reversed card. The Druid Animal Oracle however, deals with indications from reversed cards as challenges, and adds that by keeping factors X,Y and Z in mind, you will find your situation (whatever it may be) easier to deal with.
I've used the Druid Animal Oracle almost daily for three months now, and it still has a 100% 'hit' rate.
I'm really happy with it, and if I was stood next to you now, I'd say "Buy it".

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & Insightful!, 20 July 2004
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
There's no need to know anything about the Druids before you begin with this Oracle deck, unlike most oracle/tarot cards that authors expect you to be fluent in all things involved. This deck and accompanying book are delightful to learn.
The cards, although a little big for my liking are stunning to look at! So much detail has been added to help the learner remember and have thier own insight into the ancient divination.
The book not only gives explainations of cards but varied myths/legends and stories related to each animal. Enjoyable to learn and come back to time again.
This deck is definately on the top 5 of my favourite decks to use in divination for myself and others. Very highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but watch out..., 21 Aug 2007
J. Moore - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
This is not the "book" it's a set with card deck, book, and cloth. I don't know if it's a reissue or what, but the cover art is different than advertised, though the ISBNs match. Amazon have a cross-selling promotion suggesting you buy this and a separate card deck together, the implication being that this is just the book. Well it's not, it's the book and card deck, so now we've ended up with the set and a second card deck...

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool for meditation, 2 July 2010
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
A wonderful and enchanting deck of cards. The art work and attention to detail on the cards is beautiful, so much so, half of me just wanted to get some picture frames and have them dotted about the house rather than use them for their proper purpose. This being?
Well, the cards are said to "draw wisdom from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition, and from it you can receive healing, strength and guidance for you own life journey".

I have to say I have used them on several occasions, especially on meditating or at times where guidance is needed. Whilst this has not been as much as say, the runes that I use, I have found them useful at the times when I have been 'drawn' to them. Pulling out a card, I have found the description of the animal powers useful in helping me understand what qualities I need to focus on at that time.

Accompanying the deck is a concise booklet that describes each animal keywords. For example: The Otter's keywords being 'joy, play, helpfulness'. Following on from this, the meaning of each card is provided in addition to its' reverse meaning. The booklet also gives us a brief description on how to use the cards and provides the reader with a few spread examples. The booklet IS basic and does provide just the bare minimum details which is my only criticism.

Overall a lovely deck of cards that are magical and enchanting both to look at and to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealth Spirituality!, 18 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
I use these cards as a wonderful teaching aid at the children's centre where I work. They can be used to engage otherwise dispirited and emotionally detatched children in valuable conversations about their strengths, weaknesses and feelings and also encourage them to talk about how they deal with the invariably difficult situations they frequently face in their own lives - all without seeming to pry, over-analyse or alienate them from other members of the group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 22 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
I've just purchased these cards and can honestly say that they're one of the most beautiful sets I've seen and I possess quite a number of different sets of cards.

The cards themselves are beautifully illustrated and have a lovely energy with them. The accompanying book is excellent, not only does it contain information regarding the reading of the cards it gives in depth information explaining each animal's place in traditions and folklore.

A beautiful and fascinating set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely images, good sized cards and extras, 14 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
This is a great pack with lovely large sized cards enabling you to really immerse yourself in the imagery and meaning

As one reviewer said the cards are included - I bought this not long ago from Amazon and just bought what they advertise as the book avoiding buying the deck recommended to me at the time - and sure enough the pack sold was a book, cloth and deck - great!

The animals are well chosen and the guidance in the book and ease of reading is spot on - The images are splendid - each one shows us an animal teacher in a natural landscape along with their ancient connections or symbols - I got fine results from using them first time and I have always had good guidance - recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 2 July 2009
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
I have a few animal oracle sets and it is nice to have one that describes the lore of the sacred creatures attributed to the British Isles, a wealth of very interesting information acompany's each card which has stunning artwork. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the whole package!, 7 April 2011
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
Wasn't sure what exactly came with these cards, until I read some one else's review. There is a hard cover book, the cards, and a cloth that all comes together. The cards are beautiful! Haven't done any readings yet, but can't wait. Love how there is 3 blank cards to add your own animals. Now just need to decide which one's I want to add!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lady deer, 28 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Druid Animal Oracle (Hardcover)
Very instructive book beginning by a clear introduction to druidism and providing a symbolic understanding of each animals put into perspective in one or more concise celtic legends. It might be worth knowing that the deck cards are included, you don't need to purchase them separatly. Nearly all the animals are a familiar part of British wildlife except the presence of four extraordinary animals, the dragons of the four elements, a lucky inclusion in my opinion. The good size cards are beautifully painted and full of symbolism and make you want to keep looking at them on your bedsite table. They will also make you like the animals that wouldn't necessarly have inspired you at first sight.

The Druid Animal Oracle
The Druid Animal Oracle by Stephanie Carr-Gomm (Hardcover - 25 Oct 1996)
12.59