5.0 out of 5 stars 'Shadow Catchers' is the Business, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
This is amazing book and a 'must have' for all who are serious about alternative photography. The contents focus upon the work of creative image makers who operate right at the edge of camera - less photography I would have like to have seen a little more detail concerning how things were done in practice and what problems were encountered. For example there must be interesting tales to be told about going to a river in the dark with large sheets of photographic paper and a flashlight!

I can see how the book may not appeal to all camera led digital enthusiasts but for me 'Shadow Catchers' is the business.

the business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadow Catchers book is fantastic, 6 Feb. 2013
LJMM (Saltash, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
I don't have this updated version, but the content is much the same bar a few addendum's. I needed the book for my study of camera-less photographers. I ended up buying a mint wrapped hardback original. I paid over the odds at the time. £70 ish. When looking online for first book, in mint unopened condition some sellers were selling these for as much as $350USD and £250GBP. I thought I had a bargin until they released this second edition.
The book is excellent, though seeing the originals in the exhibition was astonishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 31 Oct. 2010
After seeing the exhibition at the V&A recently, I fell in love with the work and needed to buy the book. In the V&A shop it costs £40 but I got it here on amazon a few days later for only £25! Really good book, it has big colour images from all the works displayed in the show and it writes about the processes the artists go through to create their work and the artist's backgrounds. All you need to know! I collect a lot of art books and this is by far one of my very favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
Great book - beautiful photos and lots of information on all artists and their techniques.
Highly recommended if you are interested in camera less photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Explained beginnings of photography., 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
Brilliant book for anyone who wants to know how Photography first started with methods of different types of photograms. Good use of photographers and artists also. I'm studying at University so great for any students!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
This is Martin at his best, enthusiastic and well researched. I always enjoy his studied views and support of the 'contemporary'

5.0 out of 5 stars book mystery, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography (Hardcover)
didn't even know i bought this, must have been my wife, I will ask her about it and let you know how good it is

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, beautiful pictures., 1 Mar. 2011
V. Harrison - See all my reviews
My daughter and I went to the exhibition that this book is from and so loved it we wanted to get the book to be able to learn more about the photographers. However the original on sale in the museum was far too expensive for our purse! This is the identical book but at a very resonable price and well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book about an amazing exhibition, 13 Jan. 2011
THis is a comprehensive exploration of cameraless photography, beautifully illustrated and put together. THe book came in perfect condition - and speedily! Highly recommended.

Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography
Shadow Catchers: Camera-less Photography by Martin Barnes (Hardcover - 23 Aug. 2012)