Format: Leather Bound|Change

on 5 June 2012
This is a fantastic reference book with really simple, but effective, tips for improving your typographic skills. I don't actually make my living in publishing, but I am finding it ideal for ensuring that my presentations are using the very best fonts depending on the circumstances.
I love it !
on 12 June 2014
Undoubtedly a beautifully presented book, but as a few other reviewers have pointed out, it's very, very basic in content. I would actually say most of it is just common sense. If you need someone to tell you that leading is important, or you don't understand the difference between kerning and tracking, then you might learn something, but this is not a book you need if you are remotely serious or knowledgeable about typography. I got misled by the enthusiastic reviews, but now wish I'd saved my money!
on 21 September 2012
The book is a good introduction to typography. Nice examples and the book itself is an extraordinary editorial work. Very happy with it.
on 16 September 2013
Well, the look and feel of this book is just gorgeous! I could have easily just purchased this book just by how it appears. But I also bought it for the useful content inside! It's a pretty good read and can help with developing your typography skills. I would recommend this if you have a basic knowledge of typography already, although it isn't took difficult to get a hang of the terminology. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on 2 December 2012
This book takes you simply through the logic with an explanation followed by examples so you can appreciate the subtle but effective differences.
on 9 May 2012
Definitely a book that's size and design lends itself to being kept close to hand. It's well structured and easy to absorb the information. A big plus is that it shows you what are 'bad' examples, as well as 'good' so that you can see the contrast for yourself. A pleasure to use. It looks good and feels expensive.
on 25 June 2013
I recommend this book for all designers who want to learn more about typography, or remember the basics... It's easy to consult and it's a beautiful book. The cover is absolutely awesome.
on 28 January 2014
I was a little confused at first, as the copy is written sometimes multiple times, to show different kerning etc, so you sometimes re-read the same bit 2/3 times which can be very repetitive. But overall this has some really useful examples of both good/bad typography. This is a great starting point for any budding Typographist, and I often refer to it often.

Looks similar to a Moleskine book, and the elastic band and bookmark help keep it look smart. I have shared this book with friends who also loved its design, layout, and ease of use.
on 29 April 2012
this is a clean and lean publication that succinctly introduces both the
layman and typography practitioner to the subject. ideal for a novice,
equally learned enough for a student studying the subject.
highly recommended, beatifully produced - neat!!

on 12 April 2013
It is a nice book, it looks like a bible :) The cover and the pages inside are of good quality!