on 22 November 2011
I recently acquired my copy of The AZ of 21st century cars. Being a self confessed petrol head I have not been able to put this bad boy down yet! It is extremely well put together and very informative. Loved every second of it.
on 21 November 2011
This book is incredibly comprehensive and well worth the money. Full of information and amazing photography. I really enjoyed it.
This book is an exceptional achievement and represents incredible value for money considering the amount of research that has gone into the 540 or so pages you get. It is beautifully produced in colour throughout with excellent text and photography.

The layout of the book is easy to navigate. For each letter of the alphabet there is a section which contains an index of marques, models within the marque, and it then includes key designers based on their last name. There are also master indexes of marques, models and designers at the front of the book. The sections on each marque contain a history and timeline chronicling major events in its history and the specific models shown have a detailed description and history. The photographs are very high quality and up to date and there are a few pre 21st Century cars shown where they are relevant to the history of the marque concerned. I do agree slightly with another reviewer on this page that a fair number of concept cars have found their way into the book, and, there are some omissions which is inevitable with any book of this nature. Even if this A-Z of 21st Century Cars ran to several volumes it could not include every model of car produced in the 21st Century.

This is a first class book by Tony Lewin both in terms of form and content - I can't imagine anyone with an interest in cars wouldn't be delighted with this book. Recommended.
on 22 November 2011
For anyone who's struggling for a Christmas present for men in your life then look no further. I think this must be the ultimate car book as it's full of glossy pictures of cars we all know and have owned and plenty of gorgeous ones we wish we could. Really good value for money as it's very comprehensive and well written; a proper modern history of cars with all the trimmings.
on 22 November 2011
This is an excellent gift for anyone interested in beautiful machines. After initially buying this for my father I've bought 3 more for Christmas presents! Well written with a comprehensive catalogue of both cars we know and love as well as drool over concept cars. Nicely laid out with lots of pictures, making it the perfect coffee table book. Well done Mr Lewin!
on 18 March 2012
To my knowledge they no longer publish the Observer Book of Cars, which I owned many years ago. This is the best book of this type I could find for my 2 1/2 year grandson who has the rather unusual talent of being able to recognize and name dozens of cars he sees along the road. I guess he should be writing the review not me but he hasn't quite mastered reading and writing just yet :-). Maybe I'll get him to do a video review instead. Anyway, the only disappointment is that his favorite car, which is my car, is not actually listed. It's the Nissan Murano so hopefully it will make it into the next revison. In all other respects a great book (also useful for standing on to reach things you're not supposed to when you are 2).
on 3 January 2012
Very useful book with loads of details of cars that had previously gone unnoticed. Also an interesting history of the world's car industry.
on 17 September 2013
I bought this as a birthday gift for my son-in-law, who is a self-confessed 'Petrol head'! It was the perfect present - he loved it!
on 11 January 2013
Very much enjoyed the cars reviewed.
As a 'petrolhead' of many years very disappointed that there was no reference to 0-60mph/0-100kph times.
Loved the illustrations.
on 9 February 2015
Great deal, cheap and in perfect conditions.