on 28 November 2006
This book is lovely! Beautiful and often unusual images are combined with truly authoritative writing on both art and horses. Clearly the author knows her subject well and it is fascinating to have the rich relationship between horse and man so intelligently highlighted. Whether your interest is in horses or art, you could not fail to enjoy it. It would make a great Christmas present too (though I could not wait that long!)
on 22 November 2006
A coffee table treasure of a book on horses through the ages, from every artistic perspective. The author has put together a fabulous array of pictures, in full colour and at good size with just the right amount of information about each work's background. But it's the pictures that are the real stars and rightly so. 5 stars indeed!
on 28 January 2009
Beautifully produced, a pleasure to own but some of the technical commentary on aspects of the history of the horse are woefully inaccurate. Some very basic inaccuracies need to be corrected and when I have time I will submit a commentary to the author.

However it is a pleasure to own and to compare the artistic commentaries with other authors.
on 4 January 2008
This is such a beautiful book and a fabulous present not only for art lovers, but for anyone who loves horses. It's well written, easy to read and filled with lavish illustrations.
on 7 October 2008
Having been impreseed with Ms Pickeral's Horse Lover's Bible in respect of Horse Care and Management I purchased this book for my partner as a gift purely on the basis of Amazon Links of the Author. Ms Pickeral certainly knows her Horses and Art and it is a fantastic book to relax with. It is one friends seem to be drawn too on the coffee table so am now going to order the Dog in Art book that has just been released to see if it as good and provides as much enjoyment.
on 3 September 2014
This is THE most delightful book... I bought two copies- one as a gift and the other for myself. Perfect for sitting by the bed, by the loo or on the coffee table. The image quality is excellent and the snippets of information about each picture and its subject(s) make it easy to pick up and put down as and when you get the chance but feel as though you have learnt something new and interesting.
Great price too.
on 21 January 2012
Includes hundreds of fabulous prints. Goes through many well known and some lesser known paintings with horses in which narrate history. Very visual, but also informative with a lot of useful information. A must for any educated household. Also makes a great present!
on 20 November 2012
I am a history of art student and needed books on horses in art for my dissertation, this is a perfect book to be used for studies but would also really interest any horse lover. Really really lovely book, huge pictures
on 5 November 2015
Fabulous book, I was very lucky to be able to buy this beautiful book! Well wrapped, delivered in time and I am so pleased. I love books and this one is a beauty to add to my huge equine collection. Many thanks CCR
on 9 August 2014
This is quite a beautiful book, and just what I was looking for, as I wanted inspiration for a mosaic of a horse I'm planning. Many of the art works pictured in the book are ones I was unfamiliar with previously.