5.0 out of 5 stars Visit Montenegro once in your lifetime - an amazing country!
I bought this guidebook with me last summer on a back-packing trip through the Balkans. Montenegro is an outrageously beautiful country that is only going to get more popular as time goes on, especially if it is compared with neighbouring Croatia.
Published on 9 April 2011 by Andrew G

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of date
Despite being published in 2009, we found many of the details to be out of date in May_June 2010. The book is good generally, but can not be relied upoon for recommendations of hotels and restaurants.
Published on 5 July 2010 by amonimouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Visit Montenegro once in your lifetime - an amazing country!, 9 April 2011
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Montengro is a short & small guidebook that ideally fitted into my rucksack, but contained every detail that I needed to know during my time in Montenegro.
Maps in the book are excellent and were my principal means of navigating my way around towns such as Podgorica, Budva & Cetinje. Unusually for a guidebook, the public transport section, (trains & buses), was entirely accurate and was as good as having the public timetables. Information on hotel locations & prices were accurate and the hotel descriptions provided made it easy to balance hotel selections on cost, location & luxury category.
I would whole-heartedly recommend this guidebook for all visitors to Montenegro, especially when one reads the reviews for guides to Montenegro published by other companies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 5 July 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an out of date travel guide.., 17 Jun. 2012
Snezzy "Ljubica" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
Much of the information in this guide is now out of date. I would not recommend buying it, as it is misleading in places.
The only thing we found useful were the maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing place, 16 May 2014
A. Smith (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
Loved Montenegro and thanks to this guide we were able to get so much more out of our trip there. Had a hire car, so with a good map and this guide we explored a lot of the country. At least the roads are not boring - either going up a mountain, round it, down it or through it. A lot of fabulous places to visit and roads to go along, if you want to get it all in a week, then this will help you plan your days out well.

4.0 out of 5 stars we use it!, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
We used this book a lot during 1-week travel to Montenegro. It helped us a lot to spot the places and learn as much we could for them- I would like to have more text on history of the areas.

The problem is that the guide has no pictures, only desciptions and that includes the writers' opinion more on the reader's choices. Also, the maps are following the text, so an extra map was needed in order to move around easier. Finally, the beaches of the country is very dirty and this was an element missing from the guide.

For me, it was a good choice.From what I saw when we were there, this was the best book so to explore the country (the variety actually is rather small for Montenegro).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 10 Jun. 2013
Ms. A. Lyons "AL" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
This provided a lot of good information, but some of it needs updating, particularly the restaurants in Podgorica - we went to find several of the ones recommended, all were closed down so we eventually gave up and found our own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and reference, 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
I bought this book in preparation for a holiday next summer to Montenegro. I started reading the book from the first page and found myself engrossed. There are the normal sections advising where to go and what to see; the maps have enabled me to get an idea of distances between places and the illustrations are excellent. This book has really whetted my appetite and has given me ideas on areas I would like to visit.
The book is pleasing to the eye and well laid out. It is divided into geographical areas with a map at the start of each section. For ease of reading, the important facts are highlighted and colour is used to outline activities.
All in all it's a very easy read and can be enjoyed by anyone who has a passion for travel; equally it will be invaluable as a guide and dictionary once there.

4.0 out of 5 stars preplanning for visit to montenegro, 24 July 2009
R. Martin (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
most informitive for forthcoming visit in September. Was surprised with detail and quality of information listed. I feel now well prepared to tackle resturants,road journey's etc. A most enjoyable read Bob Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide, 17 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
We went to Montenegro in September this year. Guide was useful for the places we visited - Budvar, Kota, Sveti Stefan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough Guide to Montenegro, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Montenegro (Paperback)
A very good guide to Montenegro and I would recommend as a useful tool to bring on holiday with you. Also nice small guide so easy to carry around.

The Rough Guide to Montenegro
The Rough Guide to Montenegro by Darren (Norm) Longley (Paperback - 1 April 2009)
Used & New from: £17.24