4.0 out of 5 stars Worth far more than you'll pay for it.
My other review was not of this edition, but of a previous edition, which was still being sold when it was very out of date.
This book helped us travel all around Northern Tunisia as well as helping us survive the south - almost like two different countries, incidentally.
Published on 10 April 2005 by A Reader

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
not to much information
Published 3 months ago by george

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth far more than you'll pay for it., 10 April 2005
A Reader (High Wycombe United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Excellent on hotels. Excellent on street maps. Very good on public transport. Misinformed on road rules. (I drove 850 Kms and didn't find a single roundabout where the give way rules differed from England.)
Seems to be misinformed about women's place in society. The articles by women about how repressive Tunisia is seem to be from 1990 - possibly earlier. We didn't see any examples of women being harrassed. (We were not in 'tourist areas' very much). In fact, men were especially polite and friendly to my wife. We saw young couple behaving the way they do anywhere in the world and girls dressed in the usual modern skin tight jeans and tee shirts. As I say, we never saw any of them hassled.
Overall, a very useful guide for travelling in Tunisia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to places to see, stay, and eat., 3 Sep 1999
By A Customer
The Rough Guide to Tunisia gives accurate information on the culture and customs of the Tunisian people. From limited usage of it, it appears to state very accurately what is, and what is not worth seeing. There is a good section on transport throughout the country, and each Town listed has hotels listed as well as places to eat, with a guide as to what the cost is likely to be (non specific, just expensive/cheap.) A very useful companion to have with you when visiting the country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book full of valuable information, 27 Jan 2010
We purchased this book after booking our holiday to Tunisia and found it full of really useful information such as what to see and what to eat. I loved how the book was broken down into sections by area as it made it easy to look at the areas relevant to where we were staying. I also found the information about the history and culture very interesting as I like to get to know places I am visiting and not just walk around in a little 'tourist bubble'.

As it happens we ended up in a very touristy resort, in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do outside of the hotel and so didn't get to see the beautiful country descibed in this book. I would love to go back to Tunisia and next time I will using the guide to decide exactly which part of Tunisia to visit so I am able to take in as much of this lovely country as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel companion, 12 Nov 2007
Alex P (Aylesbury, UK) - See all my reviews
I have just returned from a month+ backpacking in Tunisia and found this guide to be invaluable. Excellent recommendations and fascinating background conveys the love of the country from genuine travellers. Even though this edition was a few years out of date, everything was pretty much spot-on, although note that the train to Tozeur is up and running again (even the more dull Lonely Planet 2007 ed. about Tunisia was out of date on this one!). Take it with you and enjoy...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide book for a quick visit, 6 July 2009
This guide book is good enough if you're going on a short break/annual 2 week holiday type holiday.

There's not enough detail to use it for a lengthy travelling visit. Nice illustrations, useful information on site seeing and where to eat/stay etc.

I rarely ever use just one travel guide anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you want to know about Tunisia, 17 May 2013
This book accompanied my Tunisian trip everyday and I am still reading it now to plan for my next trip next year. There is so much to discover and learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars very extensive work, 20 April 2004
This review is from: Tunisia: The Rough Guide (Rough Guide Travel Guides) (Paperback)
afetr 8 days runnign up and down the country, i`d give a very good ratingto this guide as it provides a very good insight in what is worth seeingor not. i really appreciated the extensive description of the roman sitesand the Tunis Medina. i sometimes even found it too complete. the travelinformations are very accurate and helped greatly to move around thecountry. A must to have if you plan a trip to Tunisia.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 15 July 2014
not to much information

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful holiday book, 5 Sep 2013
Helpful little holiday book, took this away this year 2013, still helpful and accurate on a lot of the information. Wotld recommend it as a travel guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars quite good, 6 May 2013
it is quite good, but just fall short of the interest factor; it felt as if it was put together rather than written by someone who loved the place

Tunisia: The Rough Guide (Rough Guide Travel Guides)
Tunisia: The Rough Guide (Rough Guide Travel Guides) by Daniel Jacobs (Paperback - 29 Nov 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01