on 27 November 2008
The Rough Guide Directions books are not as extensive or thorough as the normal Rough Guides, but for a 2 day trip, this was perfect for what I needed and would work for longer trips, too. It names all the best places to visit, eat at, shop in, etc with great photos and the usual reliability we've come to expect from the Rough Guide. I'd suggest that if you're after good, detailed narrative on the history, culture, etc of the city then buy the Rough Guide to Ireland, but if you want a simple, straightforward and reliable guide to the highlights, you won't go wrong with this one.
on 25 June 2012
My big problem with this book is that it is a few years out of date with its prices. better not to state entry prices if you are not going to reprint the book on a regular basis. It was handy for giving ideas for places to see and their whereabouts. However the 9 euro entry quoted for Jameson Distillery tour was actually 13 euros. On checking I find that the book was printed about 4 years ago!