4.0 out of 5 stars Zeitgeist grabbing in its time, 29 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Heavy Weather (Paperback)
When this was published, movies like Twister were on the rounds, "extreme weather" seemed to be on the tv science programs - and Bruce timed this one just right. It's a rattling good read, well up to his usual standard, and sits very well on my bookshelf next to John Barnes' "Mother of Storms"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Heavy Weather (Paperback)
Even though he's world-famous, I still think he's underrated. His writing here is superb and his imagination as always is in overdrive. Mass sabotage - what a brilliant idea!

4.0 out of 5 stars Blew me away!, 7 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Heavy Weather (Paperback)
I am one of those people who tends to pick books off shelves if they've got a interested title or cool cover (Shallow i know, please forgive!) "Heavy weather" was one of these, but boy was it a good choice, A plot set in a possible future, engaging characters, and an interesting pace of events, stopped me from put it down, some books take me ages to plod thorough, But i can happily say "Heavy weather" was not heavy going! I can see this story easily going into a film script format, which i would definitely pay good money to see!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, weak ending, 23 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Heavy Weather (Paperback)
Before we start, I'll just say that I really enjoyed this book, and will read it again. The world feels believable, the characters are interesting and interestingly flawed, and there are plenty of things to keep your interest. My only complaint with it is that the ending feels badly disjointed and out of tone with the rest of the book, as though an editor had said 'I think we've had enough downbeat, eco-apocalyptic grim reality. Why don't you give it a nice happy ending?'

Heavy Weather
Heavy Weather by Bruce Sterling (Paperback - 3 July 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01