on 14 April 1999
This is my favourite romance novel ever. It's so funny! It had me laughing out loud the whole time. It honestly is a great book the plot is good, the characters are real and the servants are amazing. Very highly recommend it if you like historical romances.
on 14 August 2003
This was the very first Catherine Coulter I ever read back when I was about 22. Once I started the book I couldn't put it down, there was everything you needed Romance, Intrigue, Comedy and most of all a spellbinding story line that held me gripped from start to finish. To me Douglas Sherbrooke was the typically arrogant male that thinks women and there for just one thing to make mens life easier but quickly gets his minds and his views changed. Welldone Miss Coulter another superb book.
on 14 March 2001
Amazing! This book just grabs you and pulls you into the characters lives. You can't help but fall in love with Alex and Douglas, I just can't help reading it over and over again. I can't wait for Ryder and Sinjin's stories!
on 28 September 2003
the first coulter book I ever read, a complete romance,adventure
from the first page to the last. traditional love hate relationship turns to one of understanding and total devotion
on 20 November 2013
I first read this book in paperback in the 1980's and loved it, i have read it many times since, whenever i didnt have anything to read or just for a laugh as the story has so much humour as well as romance and is still a great read even after 20 years. I had been trying to get the Kindle version for a while and put it on my wish list and was delighted when my wish was granted .. many thanks to Catherine Coulter for a great book
on 30 December 2010
I first read this book when I was 16, and it has remained one of my favourite books ever!!! I keep it on my shelf like a comfort blanket. The cover is very battered from being read so many times. I would recommend this book to anyone, read it, you won't be able to put it down. And I can guarantee that you'll go on to read the other books in the series.