5.0 out of 5 stars Stephan King, look out!
Published on 22 Feb. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great
Published on 21 Feb. 2001 by jessica@centralperk.junglelink...

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephan King, look out!, 22 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
Yet another masterpiece from Tami Hoag. I have read every single book of hers...well, the ones I could find anyway, and have yet to be disappointed. This is a spine-chilling thriller, yet with a bit of humanity and romance threaded through, covering all bases and making enjoyably scary. Marilee Jennings, black sheep, innocent, naïve, needed a holiday, so who else to visit but her lively and witty friend? Only from the moment she set foot in her friend's house, she surrounded by murder, greed and pure evil. She's attacked and almost killed in her search for the truth. A beautifully crafted story, I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A big fan but pleeeeease................., 6 Aug. 2002
Emma (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
I have read all of TH's books to date and I am a huge fan but...... when is the heroine NOT going to end up with the devastatingly handsome (although always unshaven) hero?! Just for once it would be nice for the good guy to be the red herring. Then, there would be an element of the unknown to the ending at least! Other than that - once more TH has written an extremely good page turner that still keeps me waiting her next creation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, 21 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
The third of Tami Hoag's books I have read (in 2 weeks, considerably hooked on her stuff), I still found this enjoyable although tough at times. I loved the characters (if only you got cowboys like JD and Will in Buckinghamshire...) and the setting and descriptions were fantastic, so much that I now want to go and live in dust in Montana somewhere. However, the going was quite tough and while the plot was interesting - certainly at the beginning - it got a bit bland during the middle. That said, I am thoroughly enjoying wading my way through Ms Hoag's books - I've found her to be a wonderful discovery on the bookshelf. Oh, and does anyone else wish Marilee had told JD what she knew at the end?! I really wanted to see how he'd react!

3.0 out of 5 stars a good holiday read, 17 Mar. 2012
Lainy (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
Time taken to read - 1 day

Imagine going to visit your friend to blow off some steam and have a little holiday only to get there and find the house is in a state and your friend is dead. That is what happens to Marilee Jennings and whilst she has been told it was an accident she can't help but digging to find out for herself just what happened.

I did like this story, it is a big thick read and goes at a decent pace. The only thing I would say is, reading the blurb you would think the whole story is centered around her friends death but actually it is almost as big as Marilee's love hate relationship with a cowboy who cares about nothing more than his ranch. The story centers around them a lot and their interactions and feelings for each other. It weaves in and out of the what happened to Lucy but I would say that Marilee's relationship with JD is the real story. There is a lot of romance and sex to the story and whilst it still has a thriller aspect to it I think if your looking for your normal fix of Tami Hoag this one might leave you wanting.

I personally enjoyed it and think it just had the right mix for a holiday read (although some may find it a bit lengthy for that), it had more romance and sex than murder but still enough to keep you entertained so 3/5 for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars supremely brilliant, 24 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
Tami Hoag has done it again. I have read several of hers, and i just love the way she combines a taut thriller with a tender love story, always.
her characterisation is nothing less than brilliant. you really FEEL for the characters. they jump of the page at you.
the stories, although the content is sometimes violent and gory (esp Ashes to Ashes) seem very possible and realistic, because of the way she writes.
these novels usually always have a very strong sense of place. no less so in DARK PARADISE. after reading this book i now desperately want to visit the seemingly beautiful Montana countryside.
the plot of this novel is simple and easy to get your head around. it isn't complicated, but you probably wont guess it....The plot fo this novel is really good, very original. I have not read anything like it before, so was very pleased.
i got through this book in two days, the time simply flew by.
This is, i think, one of her best so far.
actually, no. i cannot say which is her best, as they are all different in wonderful ways. there has nto yet been one which i haven't enjoyed immensely.
i look forward to reading CRY WOLF next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprising and different, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Kindle Edition)
Perhaps this was one of her earlier books because she brings more sex into the equation, which I haven't experienced in other of her books. However, I did enjoy it and liked her characterisations and plots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Kindle Edition)
I have read a few of Tami' s books always very good . A great story with interesting characters great setting and a mystery . All in all a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A riveting book with lots of suspense., 27 Feb. 2000
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
This is the first Tami Hoag book I have read and I thought the plot was unusual and gripping. Some of the content is a little disturbing but the humour and suspense offset this. I have since read three more of her books and think I am addicted!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not vintage Hoag, 15 April 1999
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
Having read most of Tami Hoags novels I was relishing the prospect of another gripping read. However, this one fell far short of what I had come to expect of this author. The plot centered to much on the developing romance between the main characters Marilee and J.D and had a decidedly Mills & Boon quality to it. The mystery of the murder, when revealed, was disappointing and did not live up to expectations at all. Perhaps this is an example of Miss hoags early work.If so she has definately improved with time.

5.0 out of 5 stars 528 pages in 3 days....WOW!!!, 29 July 2004
This review is from: Dark Paradise (Paperback)
From the start this book it was Mentally gripping! Very captivating, a mystery, everything you've ever wanted from a book; You will find it in this one.....So much happening, so many different lives involved, yet the closing is emaculate, not one scenerio left without an ending. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!! It was my first of TH's and i'm heading to Barnes N Noble to purchase another.
I have never NOT been able to put a book down,,,this book had me ADDICTED to what would happen next!!!!

Dark Paradise
Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag (Paperback - 2 Mar. 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01