5.0 out of 5 stars delightfully funny as you expect from terry jones
a very silly book with brilliant pictures, and terry jones stays true to form with his intellegent wit. This book can appeal to every age level, as long as you have a sense of humor and a secret belief that they are at the bottom of the garden.i think we farnhamites must!!!
Published on 9 Oct. 1999 by andyjase@dircon.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing and yet hilarious
Published on 3 Nov. 2009 by Sarah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars delightfully funny as you expect from terry jones, 9 Oct. 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, 27 Sept. 2002
By A Customer
I first encountered this amazing book when I was 12 and I was convinced that around every tree there would be a farie, but try as I did I could not catch one, not even a goblin! I ran into Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book on Amazon a few months ago, I am now 30-odd, I had to get it! It has got to be the first book that every little girl, women and granny should consider for their library! Mystical, funny, naughty but nice, childish and deadley serious! It is a must have for anyone who relishes the idea of blaming everything on the faries! I personally do not believe they are drawing at all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing and yet hilarious, 3 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book (Hardcover)
I was given this book for Christmas and i have to say i left it to one side for a long while before deciding to read it. I thought it would be too childish to entertain me for very long. I was incorrect in this assumption, i started to read the book and didn't stop until i'd finished! The descriptions given by "Lady Cottington" are disturbingly amusing from the point of view of the fairies, and from the Lady herself! Some of the pictures had me crying with laughter. A definite recommendation for those of us with a warped sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can dream, but they are out there., 9 Jan. 2002
vf41vixen@hotmail.com (London when Im not in another place) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book (Hardcover)
This book is such a wonder to own, the detailed paintings of the fairies mixed with the fantastic colours really do take your breath away.
I own both this book plus the handbag size version and the journal and all are a pleasure to own.
If you like these you will love the goblins companion as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book For Any Girl :), 24 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book (Hardcover)
An AMAZING book for any girl/woman of any age, I read this book as a child and was devastated when I couldn't find it to show someone, so I ordered this one and several others by the same publisher. These books are amazing and would make a perfect present, they take you in to a fairy tale with drawings and sketches. Just an amazing unusual book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, in a warped sort of way !, 1 Aug. 2011
K. Greenwell (UK) - See all my reviews
I first spotted this book back in the mid 90's, and I've been meaning to buy it ever since. I finally got around to buying it recently, and I was not disappointed.

The book is full of off-the-wall humour, and beautiful illustrations. However, I would caution anyone from letting it get into the hands of the very young, as some of the pictures are a bit on the 'Adult' side. (lots of semi-nude faeries)

I would recommend this book to anyone who's ever believed (or wanted to believe) in faeries. After reading this book, I now intend to get the other Pressed Fairy books that Brian Froud has written. (although I do already own The Goblin Companion - which is also excellent)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashed faeries lol, 31 May 2010
I bought this issue for a friend. It is a true and comical work of art. The idea alone: a young girl literally 'printing' faeries by smashing them between the pages of her book, is wonderful, original and very funny.

I highly recommend this work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 April 2009
This review is from: Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book (Hardcover)
If you love fairies like I do, this is a must for your collection. The illustrations are beautiful and funny, the story is enchanting.

The cover is slightly padded which just adds to it's charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars pressed fairies, 21 Jun. 2009
J. Ball "bookworm" (France) - See all my reviews
This was everything I expected and more. It was a gift to my daughter (she's 35!) and she loves the quirky humour. We'll be looking out for more by this author (and from this seller!)

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGICAL, 6 Oct. 2003
Toria (Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is so magical,a truly amazing book, well worth reading,beautiful pictures so real you can hardly believe your eyes.Well worth buying especially if you already believe!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book
Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book by Terry Jones (Hardcover - 13 Oct. 1994)
Used & New from: £4.97