5.0 out of 5 stars So good...
One of those books you can't put down. Each chapter, of about 5-15 pages is a little story in itself - funny, sad, all moving in some way. I found myself trying to limit the amount I read I enjoyed it so much! A wonderful, simple, uncomplicated and fun book.
Published on 5 Jun 2008 by WH

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm!!
Not as funny as I had hoped for , but did have its moments, I didn't give up and read it to the end but was glad when I finished.
Published 13 months ago by AW

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious account of a man's life as a safari guide in Africa, 4 Aug 2009
This review is from: DON'T RUN, Whatever You Do: My Adventures as a Safari Guide (Paperback)
This book is Peter Allison's hilarious account of his life in Africa as a safari guide. Its a light hearted account of his life, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants some light reading.

I honestly struggled to put this down, wanting all the time to know what would happen next. I also loved the fact that there were photographs in the middle of the book, which helped me as a reader picture myself in the situations of the author.

Buy this book, its an excellent read!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 3 April 2014
Mrs. R. Baxter "Rowena Baxter" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Not a lot of substance, but raises a smile in places. It certainly shows that if you're going to be a safari guide you have to like the human race as much as the animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you go on safari read it., 25 Mar 2014
A combination of humour and horror.True insight of African safari.It will make you want to see Africa are put you off

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Mar 2014
Mr. R. F. Buxton (Rugby, UK) - See all my reviews
I loved every chapter of this book. Particular the trip trough the desert in an articulated Land Rover.
Definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful witty and humorous read., 25 Feb 2014
Great read full of adventure written with wit and humour. Made me want to carry on reading and not get to the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars MAD ON ANIMALS., 15 Feb 2014
Mrs. C. Abbott "caroleandcolin4" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
THIS WAS JUST GREAT AND VERY FUNNY AT TIMES.

IT WAS SOMETHING I REALLY LIKED, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ANIMALS NO GOOD OF COURSE.

IT WAS NOT AS FUNNY AS SOME I HAVE READ, BUT BEST NOT TO REVEAL THE BOOK BUT SHOULD YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR ANIMALS GREAT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 16 Jan 2014
I love animals and I am looking forwArd to an african safari so this was a great read for me and an on-site into the life of a guide and safari camps. An entertaining g read

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read before going on trip to Africa on safari, 5 Dec 2013
Brilliant tales and after my experience in africa I can confirm this book is very accurate. Gret little christmas present for a vet student aiming to do a placement in africa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 Oct 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed reading Peter Allison's book and look forward to reading other books by him. He really seems to enjoy his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 Oct 2013
Lots of fun stories and a good laugh! The author has been through quite a bit! Beware on your next safari.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb59c20c0)

DON'T RUN, Whatever You Do: My Adventures as a Safari Guide
DON'T RUN, Whatever You Do: My Adventures as a Safari Guide by Peter Allison (Paperback - 4 Oct 2007)
6.99