5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal guide for the eBay novice
I've been trading on eBay for years, both privately and for professional sellers. I like to keep abreast of the various guides published to see if there are any tricks I'm missing. Dan Wislon's new book is the best intro to eBay I have seen, by a long way.
Published on 19 July 2005 by galfredus

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Beginners, Others Might Want to Look Elsewhere.
Dan Wilson is an Ebay insider. He gives a clear account of what Ebay is about and some sound instructions on how to get started as a seller. If you are a newcomer to Ebay then his book may be helpful in helping you discover important areas of the system and avoid some obvious pitfalls.
On the down side I felt that the book toed the Ebay company line to an...
Published on 5 April 2005 by r0ng0r0ng0

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Beginners, Others Might Want to Look Elsewhere., 5 April 2005
r0ng0r0ng0 "r0ng0r0ng0" (France) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
On the down side I felt that the book toed the Ebay company line to an uncomfortable extent. Wilson repeatedly says what a great payment mechanism Paypal is without giving any serious mention to either its competitors or its shortcomings for example. Personally I would have preferred a more objective approach. I also felt that the book lacked detail in a number of areas. If your idea of "making money" is earning a few pounds from sales of the junk you have sitting around the house then this book might be all you need. If your ambitions stretch further, towards a part or full time business for example, you need a more comprehensive book. You won't find any details on dealing with a wholesaler, writing a business plan or dealing with tax issues here for example.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal guide for the eBay novice, 19 July 2005
It inroduces the reader not only to the mechanics of how to use the eBay website, but also to the eBay ethos and attitude to internet selling (unsurprisingly given that the author is eBay UK Community Manager). In my not inconsiderable experience, taking the right attitude to selling on eBay when it comes to customer service and feedback is central to making money on eBay, and Dan Wilson is spot-on here as far as I am concerned.
There are plenty of seasoned eBayers out there who are hitting their heads up against a brick wall finding their stuff won't sell. READ THIS BOOK. It's as much for you as for beginners. Try some of his ideas out - let's face it, he knows more eBay millionaires than any of us is ever likely to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make money by selling junk? How do I get involved?, 17 Jan 2005
By A Customer
Easily the most comprehensive, useful, clearly laid-out and informative book about the phenomenal tat-selling website, Dan Wilson's volume is a must for anyone who wants to make a packet of wonga by selling stuff they'd otherwise be throwing away. Lots of my friends use eBay, but although I was interested in it I was frankly a little too bewildered to bother using it, but now with this guide to buying and selling I've realised there's nothing to be afraid of. Thanks to Mr. Wilson's tips and pointers (and it helps that he actually works for eBay, you see; he really knows what he's talking about- unlike the countless other ebay guides I've seen) it seems easy to make some serious money. And few other books can offer you the way to emerge a richer person after reading them. Well, not Jeeves Takes Charge, anyway. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The eBay book I have been waiting for!, 12 Jan 2005
By A Customer
I can't recommend this book highly enough! There have been a few eBay US books on the market for some time, but this one is aimed directly at the UK, giving specific UK information which has been a great help.
I have been meaning to sell on eBay for an age and this book has helped me get started. It gave clear concise instructions and plenty of guidelines. I had seen some articles about fraud in the past and this book had sound advice for trading safely. I was also encouraged by the payment options info as I hadn't been sure how best to deal with this in the past.
It is also great that this isn't a huge book full of waffle, as I find most US focussed ones tend to be. It answered all my questions and the writer gave super examples of eBay stories. It was nice to see some ebay history too. Big thumbs up from me.
I would recommend this to anyone that wants to get started on eBay and make some extra cash! I am now off to raid my wardrobe for more items to sell :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential guide for every eBay user, 13 Jan 2005
By A Customer
It's refreshing to read such a clear eBay guide with a UK focus. The style is accessible, the information first class and the author clearly knows eBay UK from the inside and as a user. The approach is a tutorial taking the reader from there first experience of eBay through there first purchase, first sale and on the lofty heights of becoming a power seller.
The processes involved in using eBay are comprehensively covered but are well interspersed with anecdotes, hints and tales of the unexpected. I was surprised by sheer scale that some of the kitchen top businesses on the site have grown to, examples to encourage any eBay user. As well as its undoubted utility for first time eBay users the book abounds with helpful hints that even the most experience eBayer will find useful to enhance there sale and feedback rating - do you know the best time to end a listing or the seasonal variation in the market. If not you can bet Dan Wilson does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Help, 29 Mar 2006
This review is from: Make Money on EBay UK 2006/2007: The Inside Guide To Getting Started, Buying and Selling Successfully and Securely on EBay.Co.Uk (Paperback)
This is brilliant
The vast majority of it deals with things that you either know already of could work out for yourself. What makes it so good is the stuff that you didn't know. It really does give you a better idea of how ebay works and how you can use it to your advantage and make money.
Some people will feel it is too basic but I recommend anybody who is genuinley interested in trying their hand at making extra money from ebay to give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to date and comprehensive, 26 Mar 2006
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This book is right up to date - the latest revision being 2006. It is written by a founder of E-Bay and is therefore "inside-out" which, in my view, helps to understand some of the logic behind the way E-Bay works. Overall, it is a clearly written and very user friendly book. Also, it is well set out into clear, logical sections so you can easily refer back to particular issues/sections if necessary. I would say this book would suit beginers to intermediate level E-Bayers.
In summary, throughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive in places but still a good read, 21 Feb 2007
I bought this book as someone who knows very little about ebay but wants to learn and discover whether I could make some money with it. I found it easy to read and informative. It was a bit repetitive about some ebay features but I think the author was trying to ram home the importance of them. The importance of feedback and feedback scores for example was stressed often but this is probably not a bad thing.

With this book I'd say you could soon learn to buy and sell with ebay safely and confidently. Reading a book like this and taking on board the advice should mean you avoid most of the mistakes that many people make. If you want to sell through ebay you will probably maximise your profits and minimise any losses. This book will get you up to speed much more quickly than if you just dived straight into ebay unprepared and you will be better armed against fraudsters and time-wasters.

Get this book if you're contemplating using ebay to make money and you want to start off well-informed with a good chance of making a success of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you do not have any experience, 11 Sep 2009
If you are already selling on ebay, even if you are not an expert and only know some basics... You do not really need this book. All information you can find in it, you can also find on ebay help pages. The good point is that sometimes you need to spent some time looking for this information. There, in Dan Wilson's book, everything is in one place.
But... If you think about starting on ebay (doesn't matter if buying or selling), if you do not have any experience in this type of global marketplace... :-))) This book is definitely for you ;-)))
I am trading on ebay for 8 months. I ordered this book, but I didn't really need it. However I do not regret as now I do not need to look for information on ebay... everything is there.
Remember: ebay is changing its policy prom time to time, so look on ebay help pages as well, in order to be up to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't all handbooks be written this way?, 1 Jan 2006
I planned to read this book over a number of days but I found it so compelling from cover to cover that I couldn't put it down. I felt as though I had met and got to know the author and, within days of finishing the book, I began to put into practice what I had learned. I achieved several sales as a direct result of reading this book and I'm now looking for one about eBay shops...