5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Presented!, 25 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Rethinking the Future: Rethinking Business Principles, Competition, Control and Complexity, Leadership, Markets and the World (Paperback)
I'm currently doing my MSc thesis and I happen to chance upon this marvelous book. My research topics include extracts of strategic management and no doubt, the future of management in the 21st century. I was very impressed by the various authors' credentials and their superb management reasoning, I must admit. I will definitely get a copy of this book to call my own as the one I had currently belongs to the university's library. The book definitely did me a great job in enhancing my research analysis.
Adrian Chong - currently pursuing a Masters in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rethinking your own Future, 21 Sep 1997
By A Customer
What happens when you have several great thinkers giving their thoughts about the future, each from their own perspertive? Shake and Blend their thinkings as contained in the book, and take them as ingradients for your own Re-Thinking, What do you get?

Starting from your own Current Reality (as a worker, supervisor, manager, CEO, Director, ...) what is your world view? Whatever world view, it contains two important aspects a) your understanding of Current Reality, made up of your conclusion of the Past, and b) your perception of the Future, consciously or unconsciously.

As a discipline, you write down your thoughts on the above, then you read the thoughts of various thinkers (in the book) on "Business, Principles, Competition, Control & Complexity, Leadership, Markets and the World".

The Thinkers are Charles Handy, Stephen Covey, Michael Porter, CK Prahalad, Gary Hamel, Michael Hammer, Eli Goldratt, Peter Senge, Warren Bennis, John Kotter, Al Ries & Jack Trout, Philip Kotler, John Naisbitt, Lester Thurow, Kevin Kelly.

Rethinking the Future (of your own), helps you to understand your Current Reality better. Without the later, which is actually more challenging and mysterious than the "Future", most people continues to live in illusion, fantasy, ideals, speculation or dream, forever floating in the cloud. It is the insights that you gain on your Current Reality that propel you to take effective steps towards the perceived Future.

By Andrew Wong

Organisation Observer and Thinker

Homepage : [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool for informing your business planning, 19 April 2001
By A Customer
I work in an a communications media organisation of around 500 people. One which has hierarchies, silos and, traditionally, a fairly rigid and territorial culture.
As we face real challenges in the changing communications landscape, all of the middle and junior management are being / have been sent recently on a leadership and change management course. We've followed this up with a sessions where around six groups of 10 of us have to face a major business issue that must be tackled to help us maintain a viable proposition to our client base.
Every time I finish a new chapter in this book I find it so insightful and relevant to our business situation - knocking down silos, developing capability, bulding customer value - that not only do I want to recommend it to my colleagues, it helps me focus on my own business planning. All extremely common-sensical and straightforward.
I'm going to recommend that it becomes standard reading for the leaders in our organisation.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 28 July 2014
This book is so so so brilliant - Only God knows why I hadn't read it earlier. Have even ordered copies for friends! An excellent book.