5.0 out of 5 stars top book
As with all former gangster novels there are times when fiction overtakes the truth. This was no different, but , I will say the star of the show mentions he took a few hammerings as well as dished a few out.Unlike other London hardmen books which always mention their wins but fail to mention their losses. Good book well written , Excitement with every turn of the page
Published 9 months ago by karl offers

1.0 out of 5 stars Selective Memory
Funny how Mickey Gluckstad forgot to mention how he was sentenced to prison in 1990 on 3 counts: buggery, three indecent assaults and one offence of gross indecency of a boy which lasted over 3 years (from when the boy was aged 7 until he was 10).
This man is no loveable rogue, just a vile pervert.
Published 21 months ago by William

1.0 out of 5 stars Selective Memory, 11 Nov 2012
This man is no loveable rogue, just a vile pervert.

1.0 out of 5 stars when I found him out I deleted the book, 4 Mar 2014
If I would have know he was a convicted peadofile I would not have brought the book.you need to take this off the shelf

1.0 out of 5 stars Paedophile Rapist, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Devil Shook My Hand: I've Been Shot, Stabbed and Accused of Murder. People Call Me Britain's Deadliest Bare-knuckle Fighter. This is My Story. (Paperback)
This man was convicted as a Paedophile rapist of a young boy over a long period & threatened to kill his mother if he told anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars The devil shook my hand, 17 Jan 2013
Good story entertaining

Tells about his childhood and what started him on prizefights .
Trouble seems to find him in whatever he does all in all a
Good read from start to finish worth getting

3.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarism / collusion, 28 Nov 2013
So much of this book is exactly the same as 'Wild Cats' by Danny Woollard. I know he and Gluckstad were mates and a lot of these situations happened to the pair of them but for the wording to be so similar is beyond coincidence.
The thing is that one of them is worth reading, especially at this Kindle price but I'm not sure I can choose between them as they are basically the same. Buy one, but don't waste your time and money on both........just read either one twice !

5.0 out of 5 stars top book, 13 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read!!, 30 Dec 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, couldn't put it down from start to finish took 2 days to read! Giving an insight to the reader on in your early days through to later on whilst not giving too much away. I'm sure you have many more stories to tell in which I'm hoping for a follow-up. Fantastic read! Huge WELL DONE! Micky :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 'Hard Man' Book, 2 Jan 2014
BOOKWORM 75 (CWMGWRACH, SOUTH WALES) - See all my reviews
I've given this five stars as I do love these books about the rough and tumble lives of the criminal fraternities of London in the 50's-60's-70's. Its difficult to compare one with the other and they nearly all have cross references to each other in their own books but yes, I did enjoy it and would confirm it as a good read.

1.0 out of 5 stars A DISGUSTING CHILD RAPIST, 6 Nov 2013
I have not bought this book and neither do I intend to. Why? Because this despicable 'Man' raped a little boy for THREE years and he was given a 10 year sentence for it. When a doctor examined the child he found terrible injuries to the little boy's backside. Do not give one penny of your money to this foul, vile creature.

1.0 out of 5 stars Devil shook my hand, 22 Dec 2013
This book is poorly written and has no real story to it. It jumps from one alleged punch up or crime to another, give it a miss