5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into one of Britains favourite actors.
Published on 22 April 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not the whole truth
Published on 1 Jan 2001 by oldbob@btinternet.com

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into one of Britains favourite actors., 22 April 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: David Jason: The Biography (Paperback)
An interesting, funny and well written biography. I knew nothing about David Jason apart from his roles as Del Boy, Pop Larkin and Jack Frost, so to discover all the hard work and dedication over many, many years was quite suprising. The authors broke the book down into relevant and informative chapters, giving an all round view of the actor. They concentrated on his professional life which is refreshing and only mentioned his private life when referring to major events. When describing scenes from Only Fools and Horses I felt I was in the audience and laughed out loud (while on the train!) followed by the moving scenes from A Touch of Frost which I didn't want to end, why couldn't they describe the whole episode? Overall, a thoroughly entertaining book which I read during one week of commuting and so addictive that I missed my station on 2 occasions!

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not the whole truth, 1 Jan 2001
This review is from: David Jason: The Biography (Paperback)
Not being an expert at reviewing books, as this will show,,,but....I have read several biography's, and to me while the story of Mr Jason's life is more than interesting, the authors sum it up themselfs, at the end of the book, by saying the only contact they had with Mr Jason was a pint in the pub, all the rest of the book is supposistion, and "a freind said this, and they said that. I would really like to know what Mr Jason thought of this book. To much is played on the death of his twin brother,and how is life is shaped around this death. We shall see what he has to say about this book/ the authors opinions when, his own auto-biography comes out. There are some very good parts to read, and although l have only given it two stars, l would recomend you read it, if not to form your own opinion. The authors are respected in thier trade especialy Stafford Hildred. To have made this book perrrrfec, l would have liked to read more actual facts.

4.0 out of 5 stars LONG LIVE HOOKIE STREET, 3 Feb 2010
This book has been out for some time any finally I have got round to reading it, and I am glad I did. A very enjoyable read with lots of humour, I especially liked the stories of David Jasons pranks and the chapter about only fools and horses was fantastic. But it was not all humour and it tells a story of a man who struggled with the fame and of a man who with lack of better words was a loner.I would of given this book 5 stars if it wasnt for the fact that the Darling buds of may chapter was lacking much content about the darling buds of may and spoke more of other things instead. I would recommend this book to any Only fools and horses or David Jason fans.

David Jason: The Biography
David Jason: The Biography by Tim Ewbank (Paperback - 2 July 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01