5.0 out of 5 stars Lost relatives, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Royal Air Force Coastal Command Losses: Aircraft and Crew Losses 1939-1941 v. 1 (Paperback)
Found this book quite by chance ,but am so glad I did.My husband found his father mentioned in the book and was extremly moved by it.Great find

5.0 out of 5 stars RAF Coastal Command aircraft/crew losses WW11, 14 May 2011
This book contains the information I have been searching for with reference to a relative killed in action during the Second World War. My relative, a paternal uncle, died the year before I was born and no one in my immediate family had any precise details about his death. I obtained his service record which did not include how he died. After searching the internet I came across the book title which I hoped would provide more information which it did. The book by Ross McNeill, volume 1, 1939-1941 is very well researched and contains comprehensive aircraft and aircrew records. The information does however, raise further questions which I feel I'll never find the answer to but will keep on trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another piece in a researchers armoury..., 27 Oct 2013
Another excellent contribution to my research collection ...It is my intention to get the complete sets for each group and theatre....regarding RAF aircraft losses....I just hope that the volumes not covering the latter years in some of these 'Non Chorley' books do not take too long to publish them ....one example...'Bomber Losses in The Middle East and Mediterranean '....Vol 2 is about 7 years behind Vol 1 ...and still not appeared ....sadly ...as the first was brilliant...

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative Reference Book, 13 Sep 2013
Ross McNeill's companion series to Fighter Command Losses.
A must for RAF WWII Coastal Command researchers.
Well laid out and accurate research tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Overlooked heroes, 31 July 2012
I was pleased to find this book as my father died on active service in 1944 serving in Coastal Command. The photos are just wonderful and bring home the extent of the courage shown by the fliers in this somewhat overlooked field of warfare..Amazon verified.

Royal Air Force Coastal Command Losses: Aircraft and Crew Losses 1939-1941 v. 1
11.67
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available