5.0 out of 5 stars Finnish ways in a nutshell, 12 Dec 2006
This review is from: Finland - Culture Smart! The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture (Paperback)
This is a great little book full of useful tips on how to approach the Finns and their way of life. I have `Finnish` friends and this book helped me not to embrasses myself. It covers the Finns at home in the workplace and if you are invited to a Finn house. A good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for one- time visitor., 15 May 2013
L A. Wilkinson (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
As someone visiting Finland for the first and probably only time I found this a useful and interesting little book. By the time we landed in Helsinki I felt I I had a good feel for the country and a basic understanding of the culture. During my stay I was able to relate back to what I had read and the knowledge gained enhanced my stay. Just wish there was a map and basic Finnish words included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finnish Culture (how not to cause offence), 12 Dec 2011
C. King-cherne "cazkc" (Meopham) - See all my reviews
While the world is getting smaller there are some country specific customs that if ignored could make a visitor seem impolite. This book provides an insight into the Finnish customs with an interesting overview of some of the history of the country. This relatively small amount of background history allowed me to feel much more confident to join in conversation.
Well worth reading before a first trip to Finland

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 3 July 2011
I decided to buy this book because I already have the language course from the same author which I found to be very good. The information in he book is clear and well presented. Also the book is well indexed. My Finnish fiancée has read parts of the book and agrees with nearly all of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My UK in-laws love it!, 7 Feb 2014
Bought is to an elderly couple who are yet to make their first trip to Finland. They found it useful, easy, fun and interesting to read, and feel less iffy about traveling to Finland soon.

Finland - Culture Smart! The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture