5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
This is possibly only the 4th ever book I have read where I had a definate 'lump in my throat' at the end.
This is the 'origin' of the character of Druss The Legend.
The story starts with him as a young farmer and takes us through to the battle of Skeln Pass some 30 years later.
What happens in between is a real 'boys own' adventure as
Druss sets off...
Published on 21 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied
I am very dissatisfied to have paid full price for an incomplete book. Having read the full version in paperback some time ago. However, as with most David Gemmell books the story and penmanship are excellent. If you haven't read the full version you will still give it five stars.
Published 12 months ago by Andy Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 16 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this book. Have read around 12 books by Gemmell and would rate this one of the best so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Jan 2014
Damn good, had me on the edge of my chair. Never thought I would enjoy it, but It was great

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 11 Nov 2013
Haven't read this for years yet it is still a great story and like all his work so well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 18 Oct 2013
I have this book in paperback,but downloaded it onto my Kindle for a holiday read, David Gemmell is my favourite author,from the first page i was in the fantasy world of Druss! The style of writing is so easy to get into and before you know it you are totally submerged in the characters lives,i really could not put this book down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting,, 16 Oct 2013
Not a book that I would usually pick up.however I sought information on the Internet about different groups of authors and this was recommended. I enjoyed it thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Th e first chronicles of Druss the legend., 6 Aug 2013
Great story ,always entertaining . Never expected to be a Gemmell fan but my son read them first and said to try the books and now I am hooked.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, 10 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Read, 3 July 2013
Justin Guiney (Lisburn, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
‘The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend’ overcomes some early obstacles to become a gripping read that fills in the background of an iconic figure in fantasy literature. If heroic fantasy is your thing, and you haven’t already given this book a go, then you could do worse than give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read for a rainy day, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: The First Chronicles Of Druss The Legend (Paperback)
It came when it said it would and although it was a used book it was in good condition and added another layer to a story about a character I have grown to like.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 15 Jun 2013
The usual very high standard from David Gemmell,with believable characters and plenty of action. I found it difficult to put the book down but then I am a great fan and have read nearly all of his books.

The First Chronicles Of Druss The Legend
The First Chronicles Of Druss The Legend by David Gemmell (Paperback - 15 Sep 1994)
Used & New from: 0.01