5.0 out of 5 stars UNMISSABLE!, 28 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Spellsinger 1 (Paperback)
Spellsinger is one of the most enchanting books I have read. It's a great series, too. The first book introduces all the main characters, and has a page-turning story you can't put down. Even if you're not a fantasy fan (I wasn't) you will love it. It's a real original, and it's very, very funny. Mudge is one of the most 'real' and believable non-human characters I have ever come across.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enchanting Read..., 21 Sep 2004
This review is from: Spellsinger 1 (Paperback)
This novel remains as fresh & inventive as ever. Failed musician & aspiring law student Jon Merriweather is magically transported from our world into another dimension: a darkly humourous parody of Narnia & Middle Earth, where animals walk & talk as men.
Initially believing he's dreaming, he's brought back to reality with a painful bump by the amiably opportunistic otter, Mudge.
Before meeting in rapid succession the absent minded (yet devious) turtle wizard Clothahump, his downtrodden, grumbling apprentice bat Pog, the beautiful, deadly girl thief Talea, the aristocratic white rabbit, Caz & finally the militant Marxist water dragon, Falameezar. All are compelled or cajoled by Jon & Clothahump to join them on their perilous quest to warn the innocent inhabitants of the warmlands of the deadly new threat posed by the eastern plated folk. Along the way Jon Tom discovers his unpredictably magical talents as the eponymous Spellsinger with various comic results. Surprisingly his companions soon grow on you, to the extent you ultimately really care about their various fates. Humourous, episodic & compelling the novel finally ends on a diplomatic cliffhanger at the very gates of the capital city. A Great introduction to a Great fantasy series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic fantasy read!, 30 July 2013
Howlle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellsinger (Kindle Edition)
I was told about this series a long time ago, and once I finally got a kindle I had no excuse.
It gripped me early on and kept on going. Thoroughly deserves 5 stars from me as I'm now on book 5 in the space of a couple of weeks.
I recommend this to every fantasy reader out there, but if you are going to kindle exclusivity, I'd wait. Book 5 and 6 aren't available on it even though 7 and 8 are.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reading, 25 Mar 2014
Mr. E. England "edmund england" (lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellsinger (Kindle Edition)
This book and the rest of the set of spell singer stories I read at an earlier date ,this gave great pleasure and many laughs so would recommend to any body that does not take life to serious and needs a laugh .
So I am re reading
Edmund England

5.0 out of 5 stars I read them years ago and laughed at the characters and would love to revisit that land Land ., 21 Feb 2014
M. Stinton (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellsinger 1 (Paperback)
Wish I. could get them on my Kindle . I introduced them to my son and he was very keen to get the next one each time I got the newest 0

5.0 out of 5 stars spellsinger book one, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Spellsinger (Kindle Edition)
i read all of alan dean fosters spellsinger books a long time ago and are now reading them again on the kindle, his story of a student being pulled to another world will keep you hooked and wanting to get the next.why they have not made a film from book one i dont know.

4.0 out of 5 stars a perfect summers day read, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Spellsinger (Kindle Edition)
i orininally read this book and the rest of the series when i was in my early twenties. a perfect book for a summers day read. just read the sample and you will be hooked. its also a perfect price for an ebook 2.99. enjoy john/ pps look out for other books by alan dean foster,,,good reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellsinger, great series of 8 books can't stop reading once started, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Spellsinger 1 (Paperback)
Spellsinger series by Alan Dean Foster.

Really can't put these books down once started, would highly recommend to anyone.
In a short while you can sense exactly what and how the characters are reacting whilst travelling on this wonderful magical journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars he loved them, 19 July 2014
T. Peacock (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellsinger 1 (Paperback)
Bought this series of books for my husband and he couldn't put them down.... he loved them all

Spellsinger 1
Spellsinger 1 by Alan Dean Foster (Paperback - 14 Jun 1984)
Used & New from: 0.01