5.0 out of 5 stars A long overdue read of a classic
It is interesting that my reading of Mark Twain's classic stories has coincided with a literary argument about a newly published version that has censored some of the terms that are not politically correct in the modern world (I should emphasise that this is the original version with the naughty words). I am sure opinion is divided about such a move, but I cannot help...
Published on 13 Jan. 2011 by N. Butt

2.0 out of 5 stars Great story but sections missing
Excellent story but half way through Huckleberry Finn sections of text are missing. Had to buy a diffrent version from Amazon to continue reading.
Published on 11 Mar. 2011 by A. Watkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Slavery, 29 Jan. 2010
Edwin Underhill (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
A classic of its time illustrating the horrors of slavery in a more comfortable way than a modern version might do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun read., 14 Feb. 2015
I like this book and if you are already interested in buying it then go ahead, you will not regret it and it is a great price. Saying that it was written a long time ago and sometimes the way the narrative is (slang) can be hard to understand. It was written for children apparently, so it makes me feel a little dim when I'm looking up words on my phone. Anyway, i would tell myself to buy it if i could go back in time and you will love the cheeky ways of Tom and Huck. My first Mark Twain book, and I enjoy his writing style very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom and Huckleberry, 18 Jun. 2013
It seems so strange that I had to reach the latter part of my life before reading a book I had heard about so many years ago. But then, thats the beauty of Kindle. You discover titles that you should have read to improve your education so long ago. Tom and Huckleberry had me in fits of laughter and moments of sadness. I loved the two books and just regret I had not read them earlier on in life. There are so many of life's lessons there.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars for Tom, 2 Aug. 2014
Bought this on recommendation of a friend.....Really enjoyed Tom Sawyer ( gets the 4 stars) which I thought was well written and enjoyable to follow.

Not so with Huck Finn. Laboured through it, got there in the end, so your possibly aware that I didnt quite enjoy it as much.

Probably sacrilege to criticize Mark Twain, but, hey, thats just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 Feb. 2011
L. E. Metcalfe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I adored these stories as a child, reading the old hardback my father had read as a boy, and have regretted for years not giving it house room when clearing out to move to a smaller house (along with Kidnapped and Treasure Island). Both stories are wonderful, and also quite a historical document. I definitely recommend getting this.

4.0 out of 5 stars why I love huckleberry finn and tom sawyer, 7 Feb. 2014
it reminds me of an American Jennings book anf i really like them both both are very much a typical boys and it makes me wish that my childhood had been filled with adventure, I love the twisted realism of the way tom thinks thye arew projects of there time and so fun to read loved every minute i read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Twain, 30 Jan. 2014
Have not read this since school days. It was a fantastic read then and as soon as I finish Tom Sawyer I will read it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, 3 April 2014
Engaging and witty book, a little like an American version of Just William but with less refined social niceties.
The author writes from the child's viewpoint so the reader almost becomes one of the gang, but is an outsider looking in.
A recommended light read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braught back ol memories, 11 Dec. 2012
Read these as a child and thoroughly enjoyed reading them again. The passages where Jim is speaking often needed re-reading to understand the language used but well worth the effort. Not sure what happened to Tom and Huck's wealth after the first book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 Dec. 2011
Good value for money buying them together. I brought these to take on holiday as its two books in one. Great value and a great read. These books are classic and timeless. Fun to read and the characters are easy to engage with.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Tom Sawyer And Huckleberry Finn (Everyman's Library Classics)
Tom Sawyer And Huckleberry Finn (Everyman's Library Classics) by Mark Twain (Hardcover - 26 Sept. 1991)