Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 14 August 2007
"Sometimes I feel happy ...sometimes I feel sad...." Your child can turn the wheel to reviel a happy then sad face. It goes one like this exploring our differences and our differing feelings. Very well drawn pictures + lots to pull/lift/turn on the pages. The last page has a feeling wheel with about 12 feelings...in its centre is an arrow that you can spin around. My 3 year old loves this book & it is very much suitable for much older children.
on 4 November 2011
I bought this for my 2 year old daughter - she could express happy / not happy / sad / tired / scared / like / dislike - and I was looking for an aid to explaining and helping her learn to articulate a wider range of feelings.
It's not bad, clear illustrations, lots of flaps to lift and pull. Shows happy, sad, friendly, wanting to be alone or with friends, angry with your family, jealous, generous... Includes showing how we're all different (different hair, skin, height, wheelchair users or not, clothing etc...) which goes byond feelings. Also emphasises that it's ok to feel angry or to not feel like tidying your room etc.
Fundamentally though it didn't really help to illustrate concepts of worried, anxious, embarrassed, angry, joyful, surprised, tired, grumpy, proud etc...
on 12 June 2009
I'm a psychologist and quite keen for my children (aged 5 and 3) to be able to express their feelings in an open, healthy way without making a big deal out of it. This book is used in our house as a bedtime story once in a while. It touches on a wide range of feelings such as sad, angry, happy, lonley, jealous, generous etc without going into any feeling in any great detail. As such it's more of an emotional naming exercise and a starting point for discussion without being overly heavy or intense.

There are lots of interactive lift-the-flaps, spinning, pulling parts to the book, some of which are a little flimsy. My 5 year-old doesn't mind this book but it's not well-loved.
on 20 April 2010
Whilst not a bedtime favourite, this book is a useful tool to help talk about feelings and emotions. We go through the book and talk about some of the emotions the book's characters are having and discuss examples how we may have felt like that during the course of the day apart. At the end there is a Feelings Game which involves spinning a wheel to choose a feeling or emotion. Opposite this there is a blank face upon which to draw the emotion for others to guess. This is virtually impossible for adults let alone children - with the exception of easily drawn emotions like happy or sad etc. We prefer to act out the emotion and have others guess and sometimes we add our own to the list. My 5 year old son enjoys this, though when I asked if he wanted to take the book for Show & Tell there was a blanket shut-down so I guess 'feelings' are best left in the confines of the family home!
on 29 May 2009
I purchased this book (All Kinds of Feelings) as I found my youngest son (6 years) was going through a difficult stage - having problems dealing with his emotions. This book has enabled him to share his thoughts more easily and openly. It is a great book to read together and the lift the flaps helps move through the emotions. It is ideal for for children of all ages.
on 16 April 2010
This book is great - really interactive with lots of turning wheels/flaps/sliding tabs etc, to keep your child interested. It deals nicely with the kind of issues facing young children today and offers to opportunity to discuss any concerns they have too. My children love it more than me - but I think that's the best way round. It's a nice book to have around and I'd recommend it.
on 14 January 2010
The initial reaction of my son to this was 'not interested' but after a couple more reads he has gotten in to it and has even progressed to requesting it once! He loves the flaps (though they are quite flimsy so best to oversee!!) and he is just starting to understand and be interested in feelings so the simple explanations and naming of different feelings is helpful. One negative, there is a game at the back which allows you to select and draw faces related to different feelings - a wipe away marker pen would have come in useful here.
on 9 May 2009
This book is fabulous, very interactive with lots of flaps, I wish i'd come across it about a year ago. It received equal interest from all the children I read it too ranging from a 3.5yr old girl up to a 6.5 yr old boy. My favourite bit is the turning wheel that makes a face get increasingly red because they are embarrassed/ashamed - wonderful.
on 4 May 2010
Nice book about a lot of different feelings and emotions. The children love lifting the flaps and moving the wheels to change the faces and the pictures. Not too much text but just enough to say what needs to be said. Nice clear pictures. A strong sturdy book which I hope will last a long time.
on 5 July 2010
This book is interactive and interesting for children to read. I was looking for something to use at work to talk with children about their feelings and this is a good book to introduce this. My only criticism is that some of the 'flaps' feel delicate so they probably won't last long!