4.0 out of 5 stars great for celebrating our similarities and differences!
Published on 5 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Science resource for Key stage one.
All kinds of people is a good resource for key stage one science, Variation. It starts children off on the right food about differences and similarities betwen humans.
Children loved the pictures and the chance to change the appearance of the pages.
Published on 27 Jun. 2001 by luckydomino5@btinternet.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great for celebrating our similarities and differences!, 5 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
As an early year's teacher I have used this book countless times when following a topic of "All about me" It has bold, colourful and attractive illustrations with simple text making it accessible and interesting to a huge range of children. I have found it to be a perfect, unpatronising format for celebrating our similarities and differences and for using as a springboard for further discussion. Older children have also been motivated to create their own versions! Even now I work with children with special needs, I still find it invaluable although my copy is becoming a little too loved and I now have two children of my own so need a couple of new copies!Please enjoy it and encourage your children to be more tolerant of others not too much like them. And wait for the nice surprise at the end - all children should love themselves and therefore will all love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever.., 17 July 2009
Joanne Olveira "Jo Olveira" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
This is currently my son's favourite book..!!
Although he cannot read yet, we have read this together so much that he knows it off by heart..
Its a gorgeous book that covers many 'differences' from height to skin colour to body size, and it has fold out pages that make it very interesting for kids.
My son loves to talk about people being different and likes to associate each picture in the book with someone in his life.
Enjoy..!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 April 2011
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
Simple yet interesting to my 3 year old son, he loves opening the flaps and the illustrations are great. He especially likes the everybody are different colours page as it helped him to understand why a new child in his pre-school class was a different race to himself. I wish it would have said more about disabilities (even though on one picture there is a girl in a wheelchair playing an instrument) and then the book would have been perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a book, 12 Mar. 2010
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful - and appealing to a wide age range: from 2 year olds to 6 year olds. It's a great way of introducing notions of diversity and difference in a positive way. Thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely done, 23 May 2011
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
I got this for my childminding setting and my kids love it. The images are nicely illustrated and its at a good level for my setting aged 2-4 yrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moral message, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
I loved this book as a child, and I now read it to my 3 yr old who also loves it. It teaches a wonderful lesson of diversity and equality which is very important. Recognizing differences between people and understanding that diversity is what makes us all special is a great thing to be able to teach your child in such an indirect and fun way. The flap book style makes this a fun read. Would definitely recommend- good morals are just as important as learning colours and numbers. 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for young children, 3 Jun. 2011
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
This book is a really nice suitable book for children 0-5. They will love the flaps and interactive part of the book. As you read it with a small group of children you can discuss and ask questions which relate to their experiences within their community. It gives children the chance to ask questions and discuss their views and feelings. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book for Children aged 2 +, 9 Jan. 2010
K. M. Evans "kme" (London kensal rise) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
I work in nurserys and this book is very good for small groups.The children can talk about there body's and other people in the class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Mar. 2012
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
Perfect for showing the differences between us and stating that they really do not matter!!! A wonderful book really enjoyed in my home with lots of pully outty, flappy and foldy bits!!Great delivery time!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Kinds of People Book, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book (Hardcover)
The book more than met my expectations and was delivered sooner than I expected in excellent condition. It is to be part of my Childminding book selection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book
All Kinds of People: a Lift-the-Flap Book by Emma Damon (Hardcover - 8 May 1995)