5.0 out of 5 stars A rather different view
My experience of the book is somewhat different to that of 'a reader'. The version I read was helpful, clear and concise. I found it took nothing for granted - perhaps just as well, as I am a beginner - and it explained things in a way that I could understand without making me feel stupid for needing that level of detail.
I like the step by step approach that Booth &...
Published on 30 Dec 2003 by Rossett

1.0 out of 5 stars All talk, no info
Published on 4 Dec 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A rather different view, 30 Dec 2003
This review is from: Build Your Own Home: The Ultimate Guide to Managing a Self-build Project and Creating Your Dream House (Paperback)
I like the step by step approach that Booth & Dyson take; it could almost be used as a generic project plan. I also find the wealth of internet links and contact details really useful. this book is definitely worth much more than a single star.

1.0 out of 5 stars All talk, no info, 4 Dec 2003
By A Customer
If you want a good overview of how to go about managing a self-build project then this is most definitely NOT the best book on the market. Each chapter glosses over it's subject and manages to do so in a patronising tone. While there is some useful info (if you can bear to read), my advice would be to steer clear of this one - there are far more comprehensive and a far less irritating books on the subject that I wish I had bought it first.

2.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable introduction, 17 Jun 2004
Mr. J. Atiyah "Joe Atiyah" (Tewkesbury, Glos United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I didn't get what I wanted from this book. If you are completely new to the subject it gives you a fair introduction, and covers the ground well - in fact too well. It spends a lot of time talking about how to find a plot, buying the site, raising finance, all of which were not relevant to me. On the other hand, it said almost nothing about differing construction methods, underfloor heating, heat recovery systems etc. In general, it was too short on technical detail.