5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful and it's in plain english
I bought this book alongside with other books on writing dissertations. I found this the most useful and helpful of the lot as it was written in a clear logical way that i could understand, there were no fancy words, complicated issues etc.
Published on 18 April 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for research based Dissertations
This is a good book, it is well written, however it only truly helps those who are doing a Practical Masters Dissertation (constructed or explored).

This may help those undergrads doing degrees that include Labortatory experiments, Field experiemtns, Models, simulations, Surveys, Action Research, Observations, Evalutation, Developmentsal research...
Published on 30 July 2009 by Mr. T. Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful and it's in plain english, 18 April 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) (Paperback)
Throughout my dissertation it has provided me with guidance on what to write in certain sections of my work, not only that it has provided me with the structure of what a dissertation should look like. Overall it has kept me sane and I would definately recommend it to people who are undertaking a dissertation, plus it is at a reasonable price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaving tool, I would definitely recommend it!, 30 April 2002
By A Customer
This book has been a lifesaver! Half way through a dissertation I suddenly realised that I was drifting aimlessly. I knew that I should be doing something for the dissertation, but I wasn't sure what! This book gave me guidance and helped me to structure my dissertation plan when I needed it most. I would definitely recommend it to others!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy BEFORE you start your dissertation!, 14 Aug 2006
Yorksteve (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I started my dissertation very late - too late - and bought this book to help me through. It's a very simple, uncomplicated book which helps you set out your dissertation in the right way and guide you through the process of planning it, writing it, and checking it.

Also, as it is written by an ex lecturer the advice is coming from the right sort of person. There is a checklist at the back of the book which helps you mark your own piece of work and check that you've done the basics. It also has some useful tips yo help you avoid the most common errors.

I managed to get a First for my dissertation, thanks largely to this book. But save yourself rushing about like I did if you can, and buy this simple little book early, before you start!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for research based Dissertations, 30 July 2009

For those whose degrees that make this impossible will find this book very confusing. For example those studying religious, mathematical, aesthic, economic, managerial, technical, political, and social studies. This book is not right for you

"Your Undergraduate Dissertation: The Essential Guide for Success (SAGE Study Skills Series) (Paperback)
by Nicholas Walliman" is far more superior and undoubtedly a must-have for all undergraduate dissertation writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best on the market., 30 Dec 2009
C. Buckingham "Christopher Buckingham" (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I teach final year project at undergrad level and found this little gem not long back.
It's an easy and accessible guide for both dissertation writers and planners, both of which can be quite stressful. This should help to clarify the reasons you are doing a dissertation and thus help ease some of the stress.
If you are about to write one, get this book, oh, and good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick this one!, 26 Jan 2010
L. N. Wright (Islington, London) - See all my reviews
With literally hundreds of books available about dissertation writing I looked at quite a few and chose this one. It's clearly written and very easy to apply to your work. The book is realistic and does not suggest outrageous deadlines. I would recommend that you buy this a few months before you start your dissertation. It's generic so it doesn't matter what subject you are studying (I study journalism and it has worked well for me). Good luck!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful, 6 Aug 2009
Max Polmear "I Think Therfore I am" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
for the price this book is a bargain, i purchased it at a recommendation from the research methods for business book. On receiving it and having a browse I could see that it had short helpful information laid out in a step by step guide.

i am only doing the prep work for my dissertation but i can already see that this book is going to be a great help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 12 May 2009
S. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
It is tittled the best selling guide, and it is the best book I have come across while researching for my dissertation. It is helpful and not jargonistic it is an easy step by step book with help and examples throughout

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for history/ literary studies students, 4 April 2013
After getting the book, I was saddened to find that a lot of it involves research and methodology planning, and is generally aimed at science/ students needing to obtain data for their dissertation. I am a history student and so most of this book did not apply to what I have to do - I wish I had known this before I bought the book. It really is of little use to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, 11 Feb 2004
By A Customer
I have used this book constantly whilst thinking about my dissertation and when doing the write up. Very helpful, and very informative!