5.0 out of 5 stars Unaccustomed as I am ...
An excellent book. My dad would be first to admit he isn't a naturally gifted public speaker and he gets a bit nervous at times. But after reading this book, he a fantastic job for me on my Big Day! He was so relaxed and he got the balance between humour and seriousness spot on. I can't recommend this book too highly ... it's brilliant!
Published on 2 Nov 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars A few ideas but not much more
It's OK. I had a quick read through for a few ideas, jotted down my interpretations, then wrote my speech without referring back to it again. As with many of these kind of books, the advice is often not relevant to your situation and you need to adapt the suggestions to suit. The sample speeches are not that good and they are far too short. As for the "jokes", well,...
Published on 16 May 2010 by G. Don Fielder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ideas, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Making the Father of the Bride's Speech: Etiquette, Jokes, Sample Speeches, One-liners (Paperback)
Got the book and it gives lots of good ideas. Obviously your own speech needs to be tailored for your own daughter but this is a great starting point and has lots of useful tips.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father of the bride's speech, 7 Jun 2014
Have daughter that is getting married soon and needed some ideas for my speech. Have now got what i think is a great speech for the happy day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for all dads with daughters, 21 April 2014
E. M. Howard "E.Howard" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my husband who has to make a father of the bride speech in just four short months. So he is frantically reading and making dozens of notes. Best book I ever bought him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding must have, 28 Dec 2013
Great gift for my dad, who can get a bit anxious talking at the dinner table. He says it has given him lots of ideas and I can't wait to hear his speech on my big day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ended up in the electronic bin, 5 Nov 2013
I must have read a different book to everyone else here. It did not contain any information that could not be found on the internet for free!

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 21 Oct 2013
The book was very helpful, especially in the structure of the speech and knowing in what order one should

mention family and guests on both sides.

3.0 out of 5 stars Father of Bride speech., 20 April 2013
Well written book but told me little which I didn't know already. May prove useful for the first time or very novice speaker, but not for for anyone who has any experience of public speaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I was comfortable writing my own speech...., 30 Mar 2013
....but this book has certainly given me some more really good ideas. Its a real bargain for the price. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 12 Dec 2012
This is a good item as a small gift to the father of the bride. My dad was very pleased with it as a stocking filler at Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making the Father of the Bride speech, 17 Jun 2012
An excellent book which helped me greatly to write a good speech.Disappointed in length of time taken from placing order to receiving it.