Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 5 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A book full of tearable placemats that can be coloured and added. Not too sure about using them as placemats - it would seem a shame! My little boy has really enjoyed them and we now take them out with us when we go out for meals. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for when I'm entertaining my friends children and it's worked a treat. The various activities really encourage the children to be creative while they have fun.
This is certainly worth the money!
on 3 January 2014
We always do table art at dinner parties so these really interested me. They were much cheaper than the same issues I saw at an airport and the art was good fun
on 19 January 2014
My daughter loves drawing whilst waiting for her dinner. A brilliant idea! I shall purchase more - they make an ideal purchase for 5 years and above.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Consisting of 36 tear-off paper place-mats, this book provides enough ideas to get any child drawing (and parents will also find it hard not to join in too). Each page consists of simple drawings which can be developed in any way the child wishes. For example, the pages contain,

- a drawing of a branch of a tree with the instruction - draw some birds on the tree
- a drawing of a place setting which tells the child to draw their favourite meal on the plate
- some shapes which can be changed into animals with the addition of a few lines (examples are provided).
- a comic strip with speech bubbles but spaces for the child's own story pictures

While sometimes a blank sheet of paper is enough to get a child drawing, the way this book provides a start and some new ideas will move the child's art off in new directions.

I think there are about nice drawings in the book and these are repeated 6 times (I've not counted but these figures are about right I think) but this doesn't matter as the child is bound to want to have more than one attempt at completing them.

The book is well-produced on thick enough paper to be able to stand felt-tips, crayons etc.

As grandparents, we think this would make an imaginative and unusual gift for a child of five to ten years old. Having got our hands on this book, we would have no hesitation in buying the earlier book Let's Make Some Great Placeemat Art.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a book of tear out placements with activities, much like you get when eating out. There are 9 designs but all are about drawing. This is great for some kids but not all. My 7 year old son likes the puzzles and word searches on the restaurant equivalents. These are all doodles, and "draw your favourite.."

They are well made and do definitely serve a purpose if you want to keep a table of kids occupied at a large family dinner but I wish there was more variation.
on 23 November 2014