Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 November 2012
I purchased the book in order to draw inspiration for my own clothing brand's 2013 collection, and found some real treats. What strikes you the most is just how timeless most of these pieces are. We think we have moved on leaps and bounds from pieces of clothing manufactured in the early 1900's, but in actual fact we owe most of what we have to the these classic designs.

The photography and detailing is wonderful and the item descriptions are very informative. The selected pieces have clearly been done carefully, as they do represent key genres very well.

I would recommend this book to fashion designers and clothing enthusiasts alike, its a joy that will be picked up again and again for many years to come.

P.S. I will certainly hope to visit the museum to see the full collection!
on 19 March 2016
A beautiful book with large and clear photographs. I saw this book in my university library but had to get my own copy. Its a must have for and designer; particularly those with an interest in functional clothing.
on 8 February 2015
I bought this book when it came out and have subsequently bought it for friends into costume design and menswear. I am probably biased as I love the look and detail of what is essentially vintage practical clothing, designed with an end use in mind. Clothing that has been worn and shows its history. This aspect of the book has been very useful as a reference for my costume breakdown work.
A great reference for designers and collectors with clear pictures and information.
on 18 February 2014
Great book for anyone interested in menswear detailed tailoring!

Great photos inside that clearly show details.

It arrived promptly although I think the packaging was a bit too much for just one book.
on 4 August 2013
This is the ultimate vintage menswear guide... Perfect book with great images. I would totally recommend this for anyone with an interest in Menswear.
on 26 May 2013
Stunning close-up photographs of a wide range of menswear. Informative & inspiring. (I even bought a second copy for my ex)
on 4 January 2015
Fantastic for those of a vintage frame of mind. Everything a man needs to know about what to wear and when, way back then.
on 1 August 2014
Fantastic source book containing the great attention to detail of old garments and a short history behind each one
on 17 August 2015
A great book and a greater service!!. Thank you very much!!.
on 17 November 2015
A really interesting stylish book