Format: Paperback|Change

I think this should be found in any aspiring graphic designer's library. It's a compact and not particularly expensive book with lots of fine pictures and lucid descriptions of the point the author is trying to make. I keep on dipping into it, and I've been at this game for 30 years now. I particularly like how each of the ideas is showcased pertinent detail, but also includes many other smaller items that might go unnoticed. For a concise overview of the last 80 or so years I don't think I've seen a better book recently.
on 7 April 2014
This is a great book for those wanting to know more about the influences on graphic design over the last few thousand years! It is very comprehensive, with each section having just 2 pages dedicated to it - I thought the book may not allow me to delve deep enough into various subjects but it is very cleverly (and well) written as each section has well thought out text and accompanying illustrations but more importantly it references artists, books, movements etc. I have found that in order to get the most out of this book I sit reading it at my computer and google the references (both the web and google images). It is a great resource.
on 5 December 2014
Great book for anybody interested in graphic design. Well written and each topic includes a full page sample and also 2-3 smaller examples. Great detail and ideal if you are studying graphic design or interested in the subject.
on 4 October 2015
Just started my degree into graphic design and Digital Media and this is the book I always turn to, very useful information, would recommend to any aspiring graphic designer. Fast delivery
on 19 February 2015
This book helped me write my dissertation. So many areas of designs are covered in the book. Highly recommend for any designer or student.
on 16 September 2013
I bought this to assist teaching GCSE Graphic Communications. It's very useful as each mini chapter gives you ideas and topics you might want to cover in schemes of work, plus provides clear contextual links.
on 14 March 2013
100 Ideas that Changed Graphic Design was a preent for a newly qualified graphic designer who got lots of ideas from it
on 6 January 2015
Bought this for my friend who studies this subject at uni. She said she found it very inspiring and helped her lots with her projects, giving her ideas on what to base them on.
on 5 January 2016
Good browsing. Interesting design examples but I'm not sure it could be described as teaching material. It'll be finding a place on my shelf though.
on 24 January 2014
Book was as described, I bought this as a Christmas gift and the recipient ( young graphic designer) was very pleased with it.