5.0 out of 5 stars The Best-Ever Art Activity Book
Published on 15 Aug 2011 by K.P. Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but too chaotic for little kid.
Interesting book (stimulate creativity and teach about great art) but unfortunately it's too chaotic for little kid - to use only with adult explaining comment.
Published on 30 Aug 2012 by Ewa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best-Ever Art Activity Book, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
My children are four and five years old, and I'm always looking out for new ways to keep them entertained. This book is simply the best of its kind -a page or two of information on all the great artists is then followed by easy-to-follow instructions on how to make something in their style - whether it's a cubist portrait after Picasso, a Jackson Pollock drip painting or ink-blot spiders like Louise Bourgeois. It's brilliant! There's also loads of other activities - from making mobiles, masks, postcards or comic strips, or just basic colouring in - and every page is so beautifully and cleverly set up.
It's totally inspiring and really makes you want to get creative with your children. I couldn't recommend it more highly. When I first bought it I almost wanted to keep it to myself, but with a plane and train ride looming I knew it would be the perfect book to pack for the holiday. Now, I'm going to give copies to all my friends with kids, and actually, even the ones without!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring for children and adults alike!, 8 Aug 2011
Jenny Bull (Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
I'm buying this book for my nephew after being shown it by a friend- a really exciting and accessible book for young (and not so young!) creative minds. Really inspiring activities and I love the way that facts about artists are interspersed throughout. More than your average 'How to Draw' book. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and brilliant fun., 31 July 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
I've just recently bought a copy of this book - and I'm writing this review to recommend you seriously consider buying more than one copy! I guess this is a kids activity book but, being a fan of Marion Deuchars' illustration, I purchased this as a keepsake.However, my 8 year old boy quickly started to work on it and now his big sister wants her own copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fun!, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son after seeing my friend's twelve year-old daughter really go to town on her copy. 'Let's Make Some Great Art' is more than your average kids activity book, going far beyond mere colouring-in of unicorns and zoo animals. It teaches drawing and craft with some art history thrown in - and all the while being incredibly fun! Marion Deuchars' illustrations provide just enough to get you started and always do so with sly humour. I keep finding myself peering over my son's shoulder - I think I may need to buy a copy for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for everyone, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
I immediately fell in love with this book when I firstly saw it in Tate Britain's shop. From simple circles to Mona Lisa, the book makes you believe that you can create great art in no time. It really encourages you to test your sketch and drawing skills. The paper feels natural and very nice to draw on with pencil. A perfect gift to any adult or child to get their creative potentials out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for everyone!, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
This book is simply amazing.
I want to give it to every person I know, kids and especially adults!
I might have to buy a whole box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
Great book with creative ideas which are suitable for children of all ages and adults, would recommend for parents, childminders, teachers and any other professionals working with children and young people

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and laid-back yet educated, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
Marion Deuchars' book gives you bags of easy to accomplish art projects related to art history. Let's Make Some Great Art is a delightful and inspiring source for both adults and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Creative Tool for kids, 29 Sep 2011
Miss T Willis (Hong Kong, Hong Kong Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
I love this book!

From the moment my 2 x children got hold of it, it was clear one copy wasn't enough. I am now onto my fourth ( keeping copy for myself). It's so much fun & my children love it. They'll need fresh ones soon. It really helps their creativity & a great thing to pull out as an alternative to endless tv or screen play. And the drawings themselves are really inspiring

I've been looking for a play book like this for so long! Now I've found it, it's become my default Birthday present of choice for children & the creatively inclined adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Let's Make Some Great Art (Paperback)
I bought this book for my nine year old daughter and she loves it, it really encourages children to explore all aspects of art, if you want to buy an art book for your child, buy this one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Let's Make Some Great Art
Let's Make Some Great Art by Marion Deuchars (Paperback - 1 Aug 2011)
9.06