Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 January 2013
My daughter studies design and really rates this book, although I would like it to have a section on picking up the folded bits of paper and not leaving them scattered around the house
on 3 January 2012
I am an currently studying Interior Design at University and I bought this book to help me with one of my projects. It is very interesting and gives clear step by step instructions and photographs of each folding technique. The free cd rom that the book comes with is very helpful too because it gives a template for each technique for you to print off and fold from rather than spending time trying to measure and draw out fold lines exactly!

I would seriously recommend this book for any designer, especially ones who work with form or space e.g. interior designers, architects, fashion designers etc. It gives you a great understanding of structure and how key folds can provide it without any additional help. Great buy!
on 24 March 2012
I am a first year Graphic Design degree student; working in a sketchbook is a big focus especially at the moment. This book will certainly add a new dimension to your work, before reading this a piece of paper was just a piece of paper to me. Now I can see an infinite amount of possibilities, I can create amazing designs that fold right out of my sketchbook or photograph with interesting angles and structures. If you enjoy being creative or simply a student I highly suggest this book as it will give you an edge creating unique 3D forms that will likely not have been seen before by tutors or those marking you're work.
on 4 December 2012
A really useful tool for a teaching session I was planning, students and staff liked it and used the book for reference, simple to follow and the techniques worked on different scales. The only thing missing perhaps is suggestions for uses, but I guess that's a whole new book. I can see myself using it again and again. The videos online are good too.
on 30 August 2011
I have bought various books on paper folding, most of them just have lots of different templates but no information on how to create new ones. What this book is teaching me is the techniques of paper folding, so that I'll be able to devise my own designs. I'm still working my way through, but so far everything has been very clearly explained and easy to follow. I've also found some videos to go with the book on the publisher's website, which are quite helpful. There is also a CD included with the crease patterns.
on 6 September 2011
This is a compact informative book. the images and the illustrations / diagrams are very well layed out with easy to follow step by step instructions. I would recomend this book to anyone interested in contemporary origami , model making and for any 3d design projects.
on 2 December 2012
Simple and easy to follow instructions for paper folding, basic and advanced techniques to master which offers lots of opportunities for further exploration. I got this book to get me started on paper crafting, and so far has found it very helpful.
on 26 July 2012
I bought this for our design studio and it's been passed around loads! Everybody loves it. It is filled with ideas, and very well illustrated.
D
on 6 May 2013
I love this book. The clarity of the layout is exemplary, and the focus on techniques rather than models leaves the reader feeling that their options are wide open. I'd recommend it with absolutely no hesitation to anyone who's looking for interesting and unpredictable ways of developing design ideas.
on 13 April 2013
This was bought for my son who is studying architecture. He has found it to be extremely useful to create different effects for his models and designs. CD is an added bonus as you can print out the designs.