5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring cookbook
The Wagamama cookbook is a great introduction to making Japanese noodles,-I enjoy them so much that I make them a couple of times a week now. At first I found the recipes difficult as I had to invest in new ingredients and learn new techniques, but after a few attempts I could make them with my eyes shut! The book has recipes for noodles, rice dishes, meat, fish,...
Published on 4 Feb 2005 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A good intro
This book is a great introduction to cooking japanese food, and if you like wagamama's you'll enjoy recreating some of your favorite dishes.

I am a keen cook, however do find with this book that you will be required to purchase so many random ingredients for each dish you have to spend quite alot at the initial out set so it may seem easier just to go to the...
Published on 19 Dec 2009 by D. P. Biggs

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Little more than an advert for Wagamama, 7 Oct 2009
David K. Smith (York, UK) - See all my reviews
OK, so Wagamama has played its part in revolutionising the restaurant scene in the UK. Unfortunately, this book will not revolutionise how we cook at home. The recipes are simply too much of a pain to reproduce. All of them require restaurant tricks - most typically recipes needs a separate base sauce to be made first (see page...). This is fine in a restaurant, where the sauces get prepped once a week and kept in big jars, but doing it in your own kitchen is wearing, and unless you eat this kind of food very regularly, ends up being very wasteful. None of the recipes have been adapted to work in a home kitchen.

Overall, when I read the book, it reminds me that Wagamama food can sometimes be pretty good, so I go to the restaurant and buy some. It's just too much effort to do it at home. There are much better (and much more authentic) Japanese cookbooks out there for the home cook (Harumi Kurihara is amongst the best).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the variety of spices and fresh ingredients, 7 Aug 2014
Wanted to recreate the dishes particularly vegetarian for my daughter. Love the variety of spices and fresh ingredients. Recipes easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars wagamama cookbook, 1 Mar 2013
bought this book in a shop and all i can say it is amazing, all those moaning people complaining it needs so many ingredients and requires too much time are def not people who cook as any normal recipe would take you time to prepare the meal, so that just makes me think that those people cook nothing more then rice or potatoes.. anyway back to the deal- sauces are extremely easy to make and takes you no more then 5 minutes, i prepare them in a glass bottles for few weeks reserve so i save time not worring about it again. Most of the recipes take about 20 minutes to prepare the food which is extremely quick, have tried about 20 of them and none took me more then 30 minutes! Book is extremely easy to understand and as i love korean and japanese cousine then i always prepare all the ingredients in bulk. I did not get the cd when i bought it so i cant comment on it, but book is just great for anyone who likes to cook! I do adjust those recipes to my own taste and they taste heavenly :) especialy sea bass in teryaki sauce - jammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :))

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 11 Aug 2014
It's ok but was hoping for simpler dishes and more that I would recognise from the restaurant

4.0 out of 5 stars No more secrets!, 9 Mar 2006
By A Customer
I am a fan of Wagamama food, especially of "ghiozas" and their wonderful sauce and now...I can cook them myself any time I want! The ingredients are all very easy to find and the recipes are simple, the pictures are beautiful. This book is a must have for any chef, even the least adventurous, as the flavours are delicate and balanced and a success also with guests who do not usually like oriental or fusion cooking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh flavours and surprisingly simple, 23 Sep 2012
I love wagamama food and this book helped me realise how easy it is to create quick delicious meals everyday!

I am lucky enough to have a nearby chinese supermarket that stocks the ingredients I couldn't find in the supermarket, it is well worth finding out where your local chinese supermarket is.

There are several ingredients that I had not used before so the glossary at the front was really helpful. Also at the start of the book is stocks and preparations - full of basic pastes, oils and stocks which is followed by sauces, dips and dressings with some delightful recipes that transform basic dishes such as the chilli and coriander dressing, gyoza sauce (which I am now addicted to) and the wagamama salad dressing which is delightful.

The rest of the book is split by sides and other small dishes, chicken, fish, meat, vegetable main dishes, salads, desserts, juices and drinks.

My recommendations from the book are:
Chicken gyoza - I love eating gyoza at Wagamamas and decided to have a go, I was really impressed at how easy they were to make and they tasted soo good I next made the Yasai gyoza which was just as good
Chicken ramen - another favourite for me when I go to the restaurant and again I was surprised that I was able to recreate the dish so easily at home
Yasi itameru - this was the first dish I ever cooked with tofu it was very good, a light veggie meal
Rice noodle salad - again simple and tasty
Warm stir fried chicken salad - surprisingly delicious a firm favourite in our household
Raw Salad - a really basic recipe that is worth trying (you'll be surprise how great it is)
Make sure you try the juices they are so fresh

I reccomend this book to anyone who loves wagamama but more importantly if your a bit daunted by Japanese / Asian cooking this is a great book to start with. Great flavours and healthy too!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book, giving as a, 7 Aug 2014
arrived quickly, nice book, giving as a gift

2.0 out of 5 stars wagamamma cook book review, 28 Sep 2009
A. Verma "adv" (surrey, england) - See all my reviews
This book boasts good presentation/photography etc

However I have found that it is not properly referenced for 'mikku powder'

mikku is mentioned in a recipe on page 25 but no explanation is provided in the glossary section page 14, also it is listed in the index as being on page 14 but not mentioned on page 14 at all.

After researching on the web I found that mikku powder is actually MSG - the additive which is not so good for us so im wondering whether it has been omitted from the cook book completely as all the recipes are heavily reliant on the 'healthy option' label.

which is why ive scored it with a two star instead of three stars...

2.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 1 May 2006
Nathalie Le Roux (London) - See all my reviews
Being a huge Wagamama fan, I eagerly bought this book. It has been utterly disappointing though. The DVD features three blokes who look completely bored and ill at ease. I expected the news-anchor with the American accent to fall asleep any moment. How he ever got a job I don`t know.The DVD features questions like "What are you doing now?" as someone flings a piece of chicken into a wok. The DVD has a childlike, commercial appeal but is of no use.

The book itself contains many recipes which need exotic sauces which is a pain to prepare. Some recipes ask for two or three pre-pepared sauces which makes the recipe a waste of time and money. A toned-down version was asked for, concentrating on easy to prepare meals and a bit of fun, even if it`s not the genuine Wagamama taste.

All in all the book is unusable to a large degree and for a brand that preaches healthy living there are too little vegetarian recipes.

The book is a waste, the retaurants are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
Very nice cook book

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

The Wagamama Cookbook
The Wagamama Cookbook by Hugo Arnold (Hardcover - 2010)
Used & New from: 9.95