5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read
Bought this as a present for my stylish 70 year old mum and after dipping into the first couple of pages went straight to my laptop to buy a copy for myself.
Quite a substantial read with lots of inspiring advice and surprisingly current in its product recommendations.
Published on 15 April 2011 by Fatgillie

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great stuff but it made me a bit paranoid
Published on 15 May 2011 by Lowri

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great stuff but it made me a bit paranoid, 15 May 2011
This review is from: The Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible: The Only Steps You Need to Look and Feel Gorgeous for Ever (Hardcover)
I'm quite vain, highish maintenance and approaching a certain age so this was a must-buy for me. There are some great tips in it and some good recommendations (although it's hard to believe that EVERY moisturised in the land was tested) but you would go absolutely nuts if you followed these regimes. It's just too too much - how many primers, skin bighteners, supercreams and facial boosts can a girl use (or indeed afford - the Guerlain cream I thought might do me was £270 in John Lewis)? If I did as much buffing, massaging, patting and scrubbing as this book recommends I would never get to leave the house. However, as I said, it contains some good advice, the best being to rub your precious unguents vigorously and at some length into your skin as they do no good just sitting on the surface. That much I will do! Off for a fag and a glass of wine now. Jo and Sarah would HATE me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 15 April 2011
Not just for the 40+ reader. Great as a reference book for the younger woman planning ahead. Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book ......, 7 Jun. 2014
August 2014. I have recently had correspondence with the authors over something they were promoting in their email newsletter. I am more & more disillusioned with these ladies. I do now believe they are only interested in selling. They are unwilling to face up to the idiocy which is promoted by themselves on behalf of others. I am truly appalled at some of what they recommend. They use psuedo science (as do most beauty houses) to impress naive women. 'Toxins' do not exist in a normal body. Our bodies cleanse themselves continuously, every moment of every day. I am an advocate of all types of healing, but one must be sensible, not gullible. If only doctors, GP's, were more caring & knowledgeable. If only a dermatologist could be seen on the NHS for cosmetic reasons. Maybe that is not the complete answer either, but I am so angry with all this greed applied to women with their insecurities.

7 June 2014 Ladies, the beauty industry is a multmillion pound business, feeding off all our insecurities, vanities, pride & countless other emotions. This book is written by women who work for that industry. They disappoint me in their selection of products offered, which as some other reviewers have said, is mainly tending toward the high end, (more expensive/less cheap).

Another thing they do is have something like an old friends, girls network, where they each recommend themselves over & over. Look on line, read magazines & see what I mean.

Maybe they do mean well, but to me it is just like going to Selfridges or Harrods, wandering around the beauty counters & being coerced to spend, spend, spend.

Which brings up another criticism. Most beauty editors seem to think all women of a certain age have dry, wrinkled faces. My skin, on the contrary, has become oilier in the T zone, & in repose I do not have a wrinkle, line, crease, call them what you will, on my face. I do not want or need heavy creams on my face. I will pass on my tip to any one who listens. Use a regime for one month, then swap everything & use that for one month, alternating till empty.You could even use three or four different sets of products, using each for one month at a time. I believe using skin care this way makes your skin respond more favourably. I have been doing this for over 30 years now. Also, try to buy products in tubes, or pumps, rather than jars, or pots. Fingers are not good in creams, as they may have bacteria on them.

Not too sure about some of their make up tips either. I do not want a dewy, moist look on my face, neither do I want shiny cheeks (from some creme blushes) or glossy lips. I have large, well shaped lips, but shine just makes me look silly.Fine on a teenager or young woman. My biggest annoyance is this belief that we all have yellow in our skintone. I am a true, cool redblue skintone, blonde hair, grey eyes. Yellow toned makeup looks ridiculous on me.

I know some women will feel happy to be guided, behind the scenes, so to speak, & I am happy for them if they are able to be more confident in their purchasing power. Just remember, we are all individual. Not even Jo & Sarah share the same love of the same products. Be true to yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 6 Jun. 2011
I ordered this book as I am a beauty junkie, and as my husband states 'a marketers dream'..OK, so I do like to know what people have tried and tested and eh if it works for the majority of them then it should work for me !

I think this book is fantastic, and as I started to read it was really hoping the products I currently use would be no.1, cause I just knew if they weren't I would be shopping on line as I flicked through the pages and spending a fortune. Luckily some of the products I already use have made it, but I was dissapointed some hadn't - like the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which believe me is amazing, I've used it for years; it wasn't even listed, but its won endless other beauty awards. I did giggle as their no.1 Cleanser Elemis has been sat in my bathroom cabinet for 6 months !! Oh dear, I'll be trying that this evening.

It even reminded me to get back into yoga, haven't done it for months, but I'll be going to the gym class tomorrow !

I think this book should also come with little bookmark post it stickers, for easy reference, so you can save your favourites, cause there are soo many.

Great book, they should do a handbag version, so when I'm out I can use as a reference or even better an smartphone version ! Don't think hubby will appreciate me phoning him asking him to check a product in the book when I'm at the Selfridge's beauty counter !

I definitely recommend this book, if like me you take care of yourself on the outside as well as inside and like to see what products work, but be prepared to spend more money, I guarantee you will once you've read it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book beats the rest of the Beauty Books hands down., 25 Mar. 2011
Excellent. I think the Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible is brilliant. I only bought it a few weeks ago right when it came out the first week to be exact and already I have tried out a few of the products. The miracle cream they recommend is brilliant the no. 1. They really are right in the creams and lotions they advise. I think you save a lot of money. If I had bought this book years ago, it would have saved me buying useless products thats for sure. They really work. I have drawers full of useless stuff fit for the bin. I am going to try and limit the new products to one or two a month but I must say they are spot on, in what they say. The products really work. When I think of all the ones Ive tried that don't. Its very hard to know on your own really. We are bombarded with advertisements.
Its a real feel good book from age 34 years on, I wouldn't have classed buying it for someone that age but thats what they say. I suppose its never too young to look after your skin. Do yourself a favour go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great anti-ageing guide, 21 Feb. 2013
I am very happy with this book, it tells you everything you need to know about anti-ageing products. Loads of information, lots of product reviews, but, most of the products being reviewed are very pricey, so, would be helpful if lower priced products were reviewed too. A lot of them are out of my price range. Would recommend to family and friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautifully presented book, 8 Oct. 2011
This is a beautiful book that would make a great gift for Christmas. It is packed full of handy tips and advice on the best products to use, and the philopopshy of the book is very much holistic. I enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money Buy with confidence and reassurance!, 25 Mar. 2011
L. J. Mckay (France) - See all my reviews
So much choice , so many products, so much to fix -where do I begin?
I always buy these books and then do end up buying lots of the products as I know they are judged by real people.
This is such a resourceful guide for women concerned with beauty routines as their face and body change or even when they just want some help. I defy anyone to read this book and say they have not learned something which will make them feel and look better.
The practical information is excellent and then if you do feel you need to try a product you are being helped by all the testers -you know they have tried it - For me it is like looking in lots of people's bathroom cabinets to see what they use and asking them what they think of the products. You do not need to agree with all the opinions but you know if it did not work it would not be in this brilliant book.
Thank you once again Jo and Sarah for taking the stress of choice away and saving me lots of financial errors. I can buy with confidence.
I have given this as a gift to so many of my friends(young and old -prevention is better than cure!) who are grateful for this invaluable information.

5.0 out of 5 stars The anti aging book, 8 April 2012
This book is great I really found a lot of useful tips and would reccomend book very highly to any one that likes to take care of their selves .

2.0 out of 5 stars Anti Ageing, 14 Aug. 2011
I bought this book as they raved about it on QVC, unfortunately for me it was a waste of money, as I usually look on Google for what people have to say about various products, I should have stuck to that, This book can only review so many products and not all in the book are names of the products are names I've heard of. Certainly none from the High Street or Dept stores.

Used & New from: £0.01